5.0 out of 5 stars Kresley Cole always blows my socks off!, Dec 12 2013
I really, really enjoyed reading this! I had to give it 5 stars because for a debut novel it was brilliant. I shouldn't be surprised though... every thing Kresley Cole writes I end up falling in love with.

Nicole Lassiter loves the sea and wants nothing more than to spend her days on her father's ship. But when he ends up in jail she must complete the biggest race of their careers in his stead. What she doesn't plan on is having to take this journey with Derek Sutherland. A mean drunk who wants her desperately.

It was a great read and I can't wait to see what Grant's story will hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Read, Sept. 9 2010
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow, what a wonderful story. I couldn't believe this was Kresley COLE's first novel. She is a fabulous author. This book is captivating and takes the breath away. Very well written and witty. Loved every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasure indeed!!!, Feb. 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
I ordered this book after noting all the 5-star reviews it received and I must say, I am in total agreement. This is a truly wonderful book, with enchanting characters, a good story and great sex, all rolled together to make for an exciting, passionate adventure on the high seas. I read this book in one day, as I also couldn't put it down. I look forward to Kresley Cole's next offering. This was definitely a keeper!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain of All Pleasures, Dec 1 2003
Lise Fuller (Colorado Springs, Co United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the best book I've read in years. Love it! Can't wait to see more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Nov. 3 2003
Babydoll171 (Taylorsville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
Excellent read, I highly recommend picking up a copy, it's a definite keeper! This book was extremely well written and fast paced, I couldn't put it down. I wanted to read all of her other work as soon a I finished reading this one. I was amazed to find out this was the first book that had ever been published by this author. She is a really talented writer, and I am looking forward to the publishing of Mrs. Cole's second book, The Price of Pleasure, telling Sea Captain Grant Sutherland's story, that is said to be released soon from Pocket books.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I couldn't put it down., Sept. 9 2003
Jennifer Banker "Avid reader" (Il United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
I read a lot of books. This was one of the best books that I have had the pleasure to read in a long time. And it was a pleasure. A page turner, there was always something happening. Either a good battle of wits, a contest of wills, or lots of action. All kinds of action. The caracters were very real and easily related to. With a good kick of humor to liven things up. I dont know about you, but it made me want to jump into the book and sail away. I would definetly recomend it to anyone who was looking for a good book. And I look foreward to her next book and the one after that too. Very impatently, I might add. So, when you pick it up, make sure you have lots of time. You wont want to put it down once you pick it up. I know, I read it in one day! Enjoy!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great High Sea Read For The Summer!!, July 31 2003
Kristi Ahlers (Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
Ms. Cole's debut novel is great and I found it to be a fast and pleasurable read. The chemistry between Nicole and Derek is great and the reaction that they each have to each other was the reason I kept picking this book up rather then doing the things that I should have been doing such as housework or yardwork!
Derek is a troubled soul who is willing to turn his back on his heritage and past. He spends his days trying to forget his responsiblities and drinking. He is also drawn to the sea and the race that will save his shipping interest. Add to that he finds himself drawn to Nicole Lassiter. She is everything that he should stay clear of but is unable to do that.
Nicole also has a love for the sea and when her father is put in jail under false pretences she decides that she will sail in the Circle Race. The Lassiter's need the win as much as Sutherland (Derek) does but fate has other plans and it throws Nicole and Derek back together yet again. Nicole is equally attracted to the dark and brooding Captain and she finds herself wondering what it would be like to call him her own.
This was a strong first time novel and I look forward to her upcoming story which is Grant's (Derek's brother)next. For a great weekend read pick this book up.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Page Turner!!!, July 24 2003
Helena U Kjellander (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow - how can this be a debut novel by Kresley Cole? She has a fantastic future ahead of her. I could not put this book down. I have purchased several copies and are giving them to my friends. I cannot wait for book number two where Grant's adventures will be spelled out for me!! Write fast Kresley!!! I recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion on the open sea, July 20 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
Captain Derek Sutherland is every woman's fantasy. Once you start to read this book you won't be able to put it down. The scenes are hot, steamy and downright sinful. I love the plot from the beginning to the very last page. Derek's herione is headstrong and determined a perect match for his aloof and distant personality.
This is a must have for your book shelf. Don't miss out on a chance to own it. I can't wait for the sequel with Grant Sutherland THE PRICE OF PLEASURE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Sexy and Full of Adventure, July 16 2003
M. Rondeau (West Springfield, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain of All Pleasures (Mass Market Paperback)
London 1856 - Nicole Lassiter, was indeed something of an original - more at home on the deck of a ship in the attire of sailor, than in a dress at the finishing schools her grandmother sent her to in an attempt to turn her into a proper lady. But a deal was a deal and she had, after all, mastered seven out of the nine subjects at the school before she and the school mutually parted company! Now she was searching for her father, Captain Lassiter along the dockside. She just had to convince him to let her take part in the Great Circle race from London to Sydney. This search led to the Mermaid - a place that sailors came to find 'company'. Well she found him and soon she caught her first glimpse of her father's biggest competitor and enemy - Derek Sutherland - rake, drunk - and gloriously handsome and virile. As preparations for the race progressed so did the sabotaging of certain ships. Stumbling upon just such an event - Nicole ended up running for her life right into the arms of Sutherland - or from the frying pan into the fire. For both it would be the beginning of a passionate encounter that would change the course of both their lives. Soon after this fateful meeting, Derek learns that Nicole is his nemesis' daughter and when he inadvertently causes Nicole's father to miss out on the start of the race, Nicole decides to take over the helm in place of her father. Now both are determined to best one another on the high seas where anything could and does happen!
This was a very good debut novel that leaves you with a satisfying end and whets your appetite in setting up the stage for a sequel starring Derek's' brother Grant. While I found in the beginning that the author opened up areas that I thought might have been explored further, specifically motives for the sabotaging, and more history to some unspecified relationships, all was explained away in the end. A little bit unbelievable was the sexual ignorance of the heroine who spent so much time growing up around the crew of sailing vessal - but considering the very hot sexual encounters that resulted in her ignorance (which by the way will just make your toes curl) - who am I to complain! The dialog was fresh, the action was lively, and I certainly wasn't bored reading it - I fairly flew through the pages. I would say this is a terrific debut for a new and very talented author. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

ARRAY(0xab56a8b8)

The Captain of All Pleasures
The Captain of All Pleasures by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - July 1 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01