4.0 out of 5 stars Better at least then Book 1, Nov. 26 2003
Adrian W. Quinn (parlin, nj United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Annihilation (Transformers, Book 2) (Bk. 2) (Paperback)
I am an avid transformers fan so when i heard about the trilogy i thought great, the TF's in book form. I enjoyed book 1 immensely but it had its problems. Book two however reads alot crisper and flows much better. I was able to finish it in 1 day. I will not give away any spoilers but suffice it to say, Prime acted more like the Prime we know and not a self doubter. The ever loyal Soundwave spoke more in this book then all of season 3 and the treacherous Starscream was as ruthless as ever. Megatron(my favorite)was what i envisioned the Decepticon Leader to be and not the homegenized version on the cartoon. and the battle he has with starscream is classic. True it would've been nice to involve other Autobots and Decepticons but the smaller cast kept it easy to read. THe book does have some faults but overall, its a good read and worth picking up. Like I said, better then book 1. Looking forward to Book 3

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice save for the series, Feb. 19 2004
Samson Wick "samson7point1" (Council Bluffs, IA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Annihilation (Transformers, Book 2) (Bk. 2) (Paperback)
Picking up literally where the first book (Hardwired) left off, the author manages to tell twice the story in half the pages. The action is well paced, expertly described and easy to read without being overly-simple. Character development is smooth and natural. Taken by itself, It's no masterpiece, but I'm glad to give it a place on my bookshelf. Taken by comparison to the first book, it's on par with a lost work of Tolkien, or a good Michael Crichton story. If you're looking into reading this series, this book makes forcing your way through the first book worthwhile in order to get the whole picture.

Annihilation (Transformers, Book 2) (Bk. 2)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.65