5.0 out of 5 stars Just taking a break
Published on Sept. 7 2006 by P. C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible - riddled with technical flaws
Dan seems to have forgetton that Ellesmere Island is part of the Country called Canada. So his highly improbable characters romp over Canada's sovereignty with the clear implication that the US owns the world. And I'm not a Canadian! Boy those Mounties up there must be dumb to not notice a huge American operation taking place in their backyard.
He stretches too...
Published on July 8 2004 by Joseph R. Engel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just taking a break, Sept. 7 2006
P. C. (Wallingford) - See all my reviews
I finally decided to take a break from my current genre of books. Having been immersed in the "funny, weird, laugh-out-loud" kinds (Sedaris' ME TALK PRETTY and McCrae's KATZENJAMMER) I decided to take on the thriller genre. So DECEPTION POINT seemed like the natural choice. And it was. Now, I haven't read Brown's other books, but I'm going to as soon as possible. If they're any bit as good as D.P., then I'll be pleased. Was the plot somewhat improbable? You bet. But then think of any good book or movie you've read lately. How realistic was that? My advice? If you're not a Dan Brown fan, read D.P.-----and you soon will be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible - riddled with technical flaws, July 8 2004
Joseph R. Engel "Skeptical Shopper" (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deception Point (Paperback)
He stretches too far in his attempt to characterize weapons, computer and communications technology about which it is obvious he knows very little.
His scenarios of corruption and deceipt in high levels of government are so unrealistic they appear cartoon-like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish for more, April 14 2014
I wish this writer keeps on writing for a long time.

My best and my thanks.

Long life to Mister Brown.

Jacques Vanier

3.0 out of 5 stars Dan Brown practices for better books to come., Dec 30 2013
This review is from: Deception Point (Kindle Edition)
A plot that is hard to follow and confusing even at the end. We are glad that the heroes survived situations that were completely implausible for survival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, Dec 28 2013
This review is from: Deception Point (Hardcover)
Dan Brown has become one of my favourite authurs. With a story they moves at a good pace, keeping you interested in the characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 13 2013
Great book but not his best work. The plot was great like his other work. I would recommend buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dan Brown: Deception Point, Feb. 5 2013
Dan Brown's books anytime and up till now, subjects are so very interesting. Just love to read his books. Congratulations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deception Point Review, Sept. 21 2006
DECEPTION POINT is the third book I read. The other two were Roth's PLOT AGAINST AMERICA and McCrae's KATZENJAMMER, all of which I liked-the McCrae especially since it was a tad more literary and quirky. If your like most readers, you've probably already read THE DA VINCI CODE, and A&D, and you're wanting more from Dan Brown, so you pick up DECEPTION POINT. It follows suit with the same exciting, stunning fact-filled writing. It is a page-turner, but it does tend to be a little cliche. Another attractive woman paired up with a man who hints at being attracted to each other through their outrageous near death experiences, and the information they discover will save the day in the end. It was smart, fast-moving and entertaining, but a little bit of a let down after reading the other great novels by Dan Brown. Also try the McCrae KATZENJAMMER if you're looking for a short interesting read that's like nothing else you've ever read.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READ, June 9 2004
This review is from: Deception Point (Paperback)
I have never been one to spend much time reading fiction. On a whim, I picked up this book to read it. I read it in my spare time this week, and from the moment I started, I could think of nothing better to do.

This book leaves you wondering what's coming next, as the writer takes you through a plot that, for the most part, begs to be read more. The last book I read, Rainbow Six, played up the characters too much (this guy is the best...) In Deception Point, the characters seemed real, if not always palatable. The plot, although stretched a little from reality, was certainly feasible.

For not being a well read fiction reader (I read a ton of non-fiction), the book was a good draw to me. Normally, I will buy a book and lose interest after a short period of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deception Point Review, May 25 2006
This review is from: Deception Point (Paperback)
DECEPTION POINT is the third book I read over Christmas. The other two were Roth's PLOT AGAINST AMERICA and McCrae's KATZENJAMMER, all of which I liked-the McCrae especially since it was a tad more literary and quirky. If your like most readers, you've probably already read THE DA VINCI CODE, and A&D, and you're wanting more from Dan Brown, so you pick up DECEPTION POINT. It follows suit with the same exciting, stunning fact-filled writing. It is a page-turner, but it does tend to be a little cliche. Another attractive woman paired up with a man who hints at being attracted to each other through their outrageous near death experiences, and the information they discover will save the day in the end. It was smart, fast-moving and entertaining, but a little bit of a let down after reading the other great novels by Dan Brown. Also try the McCrae KATZENJAMMER if you're looking for a short interesting read that's like nothing else you've ever read.

ARRAY(0xb0517204)

Deception Point
Deception Point by Dan Brown (Hardcover - Sept. 2 2003)
CDN$ 30.00 CDN$ 18.90