Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Cook Personal Care All-New Kindle Paperwhite NFL Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on May 14, 2002
first - see the review for the cassette version of this product for additional info. Now, I am a big Pimsleur fan, own several of their products, think it's the best system to teach spoken language. But, it is obvious to me that Spanish Plus was developed as an in-house product - all of the new vocuabulary and situations are related to publishing. I don't mind that they made an in-house focused product available for sale - I'm enough of a Pimsleur addict to want it. But, they charge the same for it as for the heavy duty courses that really teach you - I, II, III - in Amazon prices about [dollar amount] per CD. I would have felt better paying less - say [dollar amount] per disc since it's obvious that the normal consumer is not its focus. This is nowhere near as educational for the majority of people as the main program. It's fine to run through some new combinations of the words and grammar that you know, but the new content vocabulary is all publishing. What I REALLY want from Pimsleur is a review of the verbs and vocab of I,II,III together with new vocabulary related to broader content. And with a little less repitition of simple things that are already well learned.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 17, 2004
I love Pimsleur but I have to agree with the other reviewers. The vocabulary in the Plus series is a poor choice. However, it is another ten lessons of conversational practice and there are a few good nuggets presented as well.
So in short it is a something of a let down after the first three series but it is still worth it especially if you pick it up used.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again