5.0 out of 5 stars A Summer Delight!
It was very creative to weave two stories together. My husband made a comment this morning. "You finished the book? Man, you hardly put it down. Addicting huh?"
Delinsky has the talent to take you into the sights and feelings of her locations and characters.
Published on July 14 2004 by cheetahg

3.0 out of 5 stars Cassandra isn't my favorite Delinsky character
Try as I might, I really didn't find much sympathy for Cassandra Ellis, the young, single, successful therapist who yearns for the father she never connected with and who lovingly tends to her comatose mother.
Once her father dies, Cassandra's world is turned upside down, inside out and she reels from rather than steels for the ride.
I had difficulty following...
Published on July 7 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Summer Delight!, July 14 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, July 12 2004
lolitaamerson (southfield, mi usa) - See all my reviews
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT BOOKS. I ENJOYED READING ALL HER BOOKS.
KEEP UP THE GOOD BARBARA DELINSKYS.

5.0 out of 5 stars TWO THUMBS UP!!!, June 23 2004
Caitlin (MA, United States) - See all my reviews
I could not put this book down. Between the mystery, romance and excitement of it all, "Flirting with Pete", is a definite read. I found the ending to be very surprising and I did not pick up on it until I was reading it. Great read :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Would make a great movie, April 26 2004
Rachel Dawson "Rachel's Reviews" (Tucker, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flirting with Pete (Audio Cassette)
Flirting with Pete would make a very interesting movie. The author kept you going by telling a story within a story. The only reason I give this book 4 stars **** is because the ending was a bit bland. Read this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best-seller great, Feb. 26 2004
Casey Ellis inherits an elegant Boston townhouse from the father she never knew. As she settles into her legacy, determined to learn about the man, she uncovers bits of an intriguing manuscript secreted throughout the residence. "Jenny's story" leads her on a discovery mission that uncovers the woman's identity and offers a clearer picture of the father Casey never knew. Step by step, as the story moves toward conclusion, Casey also becomes entangled in that forever kind of romance.
Beverly J Scott author of Righteous Revenge and Ruth Fever

1.0 out of 5 stars Barbara Delinski has done it again!, Jan. 9 2004
By A Customer
and Again! And again! And Again! And Again! And again! And Again! and Again! And again! And Again! And Again! And again! And Again! According to her publisher, Barbara has done it again, and has been doing it again for the last four years! What exactly has she been doing? I don't know but she keeps on doing it. Who is Pete? Why is this question seemingly unanswerable?

1.0 out of 5 stars take a pass, Nov. 5 2003
By A Customer
I almost threw this book when I was done with it, I was that mad that I even spent money on it! I can't even articulate how lame this story was-I checked the reviews and they were so positive-"Delinsky outdoes herself" so I took a chance, but what I still can't understand how anyone could say this book was riveting. I felt like I was reading a high school creative writing assignment. There was no character development or enough history to make you care about Casey, and come on, the diary thing-please-juvinile. It just made me think that Barbara Delinsky just wanted to cross off her requisite book for the year without a thought to the intelligence of her readers. Then again, I do not read her as a rule and now I remember why. Ugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Touching Tale, Oct. 22 2003
TJ's Mommy (El Dorado Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I hadn't read a Barbara Delinsky novel before, and this one showed up at my house unexpectedly. I hadn't ordered it, but it came anyways, so I decided to check it out. It's one of the best "book" decisions I've made in a long time.
The novel centers around Casey Ellis. Raised by her mother and not acknowledged by her father, she was constantly searching for approval from her father. She followed in his career path and strived to be as good as him in the field of psychology. It isn't until he passes away and leaves her his townhouse that she really learns about what made him tick and why he chose not to acknowledge her as his daughter.
Casey finds a journal about a young girl named Jenny. Her mother was killed and her father is in prison. Jenny is an outcast and terrified of her father coming home...until she meets Pete. He is everything she ever wanted in a man and makes her feel loved. He is perfect! But is he too good to be true?
Casey can't help but want to know more about Jenny and find this girl. It seems as though her father left her a mystery to solve. This book is the discovery of two girls and their father-daughter relationships..what they need from these men and what they don't. It will make you laugh, cry, want to scream! I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was wonderful!!, Sept. 22 2003
By A Customer
This book had it all! Romance, mystery, heartache, happiness, etc., etc. I couldn't get enough of this book. I am a big fan of Barbara Delinskys, but this was one of her best! She describes things with such detail that you feel you are there. The characters in this book were great, Casey, Jordan, Meg, Caroline and Connie. This story is set in Boston, Massachusetts most of the time and the descriptions there are right on. Don't miss this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Sept. 2 2003
By A Customer
I did not read any reviews of this book before I read the story. I didn't even read the book jacket. I sensed that this was a story I wanted to enjoy without knowing anything ahead of time. I was not dissapointed. This is a most unusual story, well written, engaging, and definitely entertaining.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xac6454c8)

Flirting with Pete
Flirting with Pete by Barbara Delinsky (Audio Cassette - June 10 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01