4.0 out of 5 stars Intricate Plotting and Psychological Depth, July 17 2010
Debra Purdy Kong (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Jenny Cain has her hands full as she organizes Port Frederick's Fall Festival and attempts to deal with issues surrounding the controversial "God's Highway" bike/hiking trail that environmentalists and others don't want to see go. It seems a lot of people have an ax to grind in this town. Christians strongly oppose the festival's Halloween component and someone has set fire to a local landmark, killing an environmental protester. Death and violence escalate, including an assault on Jenny, prompting her and her police officer husband, Geof, to find the killer.

Twilight is an intricately plotted novel with a lot of depth as author Nancy Pickard incorporates Jenny's personal life into the story. This is the type of amateur sleuth novel I like to read. The plot and subplots blend well to make an intriguing story with a strong psychological and even compassionate component. For me, good novels create multi-layered complex characters caught in horrible conflict. The story has heart and compassion, aspects that Nancy Pickard portrays so well that I plan to read all of her Jenny Cain mysteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best mystery series I've read!!!, Aug. 8 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Twilight (Mass Market Paperback)
I love the Jenny Cain series. I have read all of them and each one gets better as you go along. The only bad thing that I can say is that it looks as if Nancy Pickard is no longer writing books in this series. I'm hoping she will come out with a new Jenny Cain book. I can't say enough about these books. The plots are great. Please Nancy write more!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep me up all night!!, Oct. 1 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Twilight (Mass Market Paperback)
Most mysteries are pretty dull, if you ignore the wrong piece of trivia you are lost. This multi-layered mystery is excellent as it blends Jenny Cain's personal and businesses affairs into a compelling mystery that kept me guessing to the end. I was more enthralled by the complex backgrounds for her small town characters, than the mystery itself

Twilight
Twilight by Nancy Pickard (Hardcover - May 1 1996)
Used & New from: CDN$ 48.99