Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on December 30, 2014
Five Stars no doubt.
Everyone knows the story of Harry Potter so that's not what my review will be about, but rather the box set itself and the amazing service that was provided to me from amazon. I bought this books on December 24th, they were shipped within 4 days, and the next morning, on the 29th, I awoke with them at my doorstep. This was with the standard shipping method. I was so surpised. I open the box and the first thing i see is this gorgeous gorgeous box set staring back at me. The books are amazing, the writing is a little smaller than usual but not that big a difference. The texture of the covers are soft and it's just perfect. Definitely a must have and I recommend it.
review image
on May 4, 2010
I live in Texas and I ordered this Harry Potter set with expedited shipping and it arrived here in pristine condition in 3 days. I was super impressed. It's worth the extra few bucks for the fast service. I've always wanted the British text version of Harry Potter but I was worried about ordering from England because of all the reviews about damaged books. So I decided to get the "Canadian" version which really is the exact British text. The covers are also the same as the British but with slightly different colors. I'm a Harry Potter fanatic and of course I've read all the American H.P. books so I can't wait to read these.
on April 30, 2013
Since this book achieved international best-sellerdom, it really doesn't need a review. The highlight for me was watching my (then) 12 year old daughter lose herself in this series. After she read each book, I (and my husband) read it right afterwards so that we could talk about it with our daughter. In addition to that, when she was in Grade 9 we did a semester of home-schooling and this involved her organizing a Harry Potter tour in the U.K. I booked the flights but our daughter planned the train journeys, the sights to see (which included all of the locales from the movies). This series will be one of the cornerstones for our daughter's memory of her childhood. Diana Young #1 Amazon best-selling author [...]
on January 24, 2013
Couldn't have asked for better service. Ordered it from Canada as suggested by others rather than from the UK. It arrived quickly, undamaged, and at a lower price. Won't hesitate to go this route again.
on March 5, 2011
If your an avid book collecter like me lol, you are going to love the new covers on the harry potter books. Also it helps it does not look like childrens books expecially if your an adult.. It makes your bookself look good and it keeps them all together expecailly if you dnt want them wrecked before you read them.. Enjoy everyone make a good choice plus their cheaper then trying to find the orginal book covers.
on July 4, 2011
These books are totally awesome! Everyone should read them! I really like the box too. It says owl post on it and it has this seal that says Flourish and Blots. The book covers are good too. but they are not as nice as the previous kid covers. Overall, I would rate this product as superb!
on June 19, 2012
The books were absolutely amazing. I'd have never expected JK.Rowling's style of writing to be this great. She fills her pages with suspense, drama, and endless adventure that is bound to draw readers deeper into the book. My expectations were exceeded, and I enjoyed the series a lot! Each book is better than its preceding one, especially the last couple ones! The box set is definitely worth it, and in no way do I regret buying it; Harry Potter has come to be my favourite book series of all time now. These are far better than the movies!
on February 11, 2012
i am so happy with this purchase! the price was great and the books are perfect! delivery time was a bit of a wait but i knew that when i ordered so it is not a complaint. having been a fan of the books for years, i was looking for a complete set with the adult covers. i wore out a few copies of the books i had previously because i reread them so often and they were paperbacks.
these are a great contribution to my mini library and i look forward to rereading the whole series!
on August 1, 2014
I just love the covers of these books. They have this relly nice matte feeling to them and are much lighter than the hardcover Harry Potter editions. One reviewer mentioned that the font was smaller, but I held it up to the original cover books as well as the adult cover and they were all pretty well the exact same font type, font spacing, and font size. Would definitely reccomend.
on September 29, 2012
I had the US version/Scholastic of this series, which is one of my all time favorites. That set has been read and re-read to bits and was falling apart so I thought I'd buy another set, a UK version/Bloomsbury one this time.

Review of the contents (whether UK or US) -- 5 stars of course. The Harry Potter series is exciting, imaginative, entertaining, surprising, with a rich universe that you'll love to go back to again and again. It's perfect for young and old alike.

As for this specific set that I got -- it's the "Signature Hardcover" set, UK version (Bloomsbury). This set is gorgeous with gold-lettering on the dust jackets, a built-in and handy string bookmark per book, and a beautiful collectible box with a magnetic close to keep everything in. I was pleasantly surprised at the small size of the hardcover books (7 inches length x 5 inches width per book with, of course, varying thicknesses) compared to the American versions which were rather large and bulky. I remember lugging those around everywhere to read, which got to be uncomfortable starting with the 4th book. I do miss the illustrations of Mary GrandPre though; I think her artwork is available only for Scholastic/US version. My other complaint (lack of illustration is not really a complaint) about this set would be that I wish there was some sort of groove for one's fingers or other means that would make it easier to take out a book from the box. They are packed in a little too tightly and I had to pinch out a book by its spine with my fingernails before I could get it out. I would rate this edition 4.5 stars instead of 5 because of that. Overall, I'm very happy with this set though.

And finally for Amazon's service -- amazing. I got the free shipping option and the set arrived about 3 or 4 days ahead of schedule. The first set I bought was damaged though; there was a tear on the box on one side so I requested for a replacement. It was my first product replacement request, which speaks well for the site considering I had been purchasing from Amazon for YEARS. Returning it was easy and painless and the replacement arrived via expedited shipping so I got this set in mint condition within 2 days. Thanks, Amazon!