Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on October 10, 2003
It is said that humans only use a fraction of their brains. Peter Whitney, a scientific genius, dreamed of changing that. In his labs, a group of elite soldiers is held in an isolated imprisonment, a group of trained human lab rats, designed to enhance their psychic abilities. When one of his men disappears from his mind, Ryland Miller, the group's leader, knows that it is time to act. He has to find a way to break himself and his men out and escape. Freedom is their only hope of survival. Unexpectedly, he is able to make a connection with Lily, Dr. Whitney's brilliant daughter. After her father is murdered, Lily becomes dedicated to helping Ryland. She has her own reasons; Lily has learned a horrifying secret aboout herself, and she has fallen in love with the man who walks through her dreams, Ryland.
**** Ms. Feehan reveals new depths to her talent in this edgy thriller. Love has a whole new aspect when two people can join in heart and mind, not just body. Edgy and sensual, this world is as complex and modern as the Carpathian world is moody and steeped in history. Seeing where this new plot can go will be a journey worth taking. ****
Reviewed by Amanda
on August 26, 2003
Synop: Dr. Lily Whitney is the daughter of Dr. Peter Whitney who is working with the military to create a covert group of men that work as 'GhostWalkers'. Each man in the unit has his own powers, whether they are telepathic, telekinetic, clairvoyant, etc. The experiment begins to go horribly wrong and after the death of her father, Lily is the only one that can save the remaining GhostWalkers from death. Lily feels drawn to the commander of the group, Ryland Miller, but is her attraction real or the result of experimentation by her father?
Critique: I have not always been a fan of Feehan. I love paranormal stories, vampires in particular, but her other novels have always left me feeling let down. This was an excellent book that I just didn't want to put down, and not only that, I want to see the stories of some of the other GhostWalkers such as Kaden, Nicolas, Hollister and Gator. So get to writing Ms. Feehan!!!! The story is fast paced and it is very interesting to see the different skills that the men have learned. Ryland is a great alpha male character that you can't help but fall in love with and Lily is soft yet a spine of steel. I will def. read her other works from here on out!
on November 13, 2003
If you enjoy Ms. Feehan's Dark series about the vampiric Carpathians, you'll enjoy this book. No blood-sucking, but it does have a paranormal twist, including a long-distance love scene that's absolutely "dreamy". Like her Carpathian's, the characters in Shadow Game can communicate telepathically. The love scenes are very sensual and the plot is intriguing.
Again, the main complaint that I have... and the reason why I'm not rating this book a 5 star... is her overly frequent use of the catch phrase: "take his/her breath away". You don't even get 4 pages into this one before it appears and at one point it occurs once each on facing pages. It appears SO OFTEN in this book (and actually, in ALL her books) that it's amazing her characters don't die of asphyxiation! Once, twice, three times TOPS is more than enough... I wish either she or her editor would search for the darn words and delete them! They aren't necessary.
on September 2, 2003
An avid reader, I found that Lily Whitney and Capt. Ryland Miller made for an interesting weekend. The book seems more wordy than some of her others; however, the characters are very like her Carpathians: caring and responsible for others, sensual and psychic. (Should I have capitalized sensual? mmmm....) They meet because Lily's father has been experimenting on Miller and his men in order to form a secret military group with enhanced psychic abiilities. The experiment has gone drastically wrong and Dr. Whitney calls in his daughter to assist him. I won't say more, the teaser is already on this website....
I can see Lily and Ryland as parents of a psychic woman who becomes the lifemate of a Carpathian. I can see additional novels being written about Capt. Miller's men. (Am I psychic or what?)
Please keep writing, Ms. Feehan. I promise that I will keep buying and reading.
on October 29, 2003
I wasn't sure I was going to like this story but bought the book because I was tired of waiting for the next book in the "Dark" series. To my surprise, I really liked the concept. The main characters reminded me of those in "Dark Guardian" and "Dark Descent", maybe because the leading lady in this story also doesn't get dominated so easily by the leading male. The supporting characters have potential for great stories of their own and I can't wait to read about them!
on November 14, 2003
All I can say is this book is smoking hot! It's one of my CF favorites......couldn't put the book down till the last page. Characters are believable and lovable. I definately recommend all CF's books (Dark Symphany, etc....) there are other characters, such as Nicolas Travane (one of the men that the heroin recuse), who will hopefully get his own book.
I am looking forward to getting my hands on her new book "Wild Rain".
on November 11, 2003
I have to admit that I was getting a little bored by the Dark series (sorry, I loved them in the beginning, but they are starting to sound an awful lot alike) and I wasn't sure about the concept of this new book. I am SO glad I gave it a try. All the fun of the Dark series with a new twist, sizzling sex, and a slew of great men for future books. I'm hooked!
on October 8, 2003
This is another great book by Feehan, I love it when I walk in the bookstore and see that she has another book out. I must say that I prefer the vampire books that she writes, but she is so versatile that she can write anything she sets her mind to, and do it well.
on September 6, 2003
I really liked this book. I didn't think I would, but I found myself glued to it. I wish there had been more, but I guess she had to end the book somewhere. I am hopeful she will pick it up and write more about the other characters in it.