5.0 out of 5 stars The Search
It was a very good book. I liked how right to the end you didn't quite know if the killer was going to get to the last person to be killed. It made you read and had you read more just to see what was going to happen. I enjoyed the book very much
Published on Sept. 2 2010 by quiltperson

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a recipe for a happy marriage (or a good book)
Wow. What a dud. Almost a hundred pages before any of the lyrical writing you expect in a Nora Roberts novel, and then it disappears again. A rude, crude anti-hero, and a woman foolish enough to think she loves him. Not a recipe for a happy marriage (or a good book).

Published 3 months ago by BG

5.0 out of 5 stars The Search, Sept. 2 2010
This review is from: The Search (Hardcover)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a recipe for a happy marriage (or a good book), July 19 2014
This review is from: The Search (Mass Market Paperback)

Having just read two of her early novels, both of which I couldn't put down, this one was a cruel contrast and took a month to slog through. It left me wondering if the author was half sloshed when she wrote The Search or just in the middle of a messy divorce. Save your money--her early books are all good ones, and not a trace of the cynicism that plagues this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars No real surprises but acceptable story, Jan. 3 2014
Jenifer Mohammed, Author of Resurrecting Cybe... (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
Although there were no real surprises in this by-the-numbers romantic suspense/thriller, it was a okay
story if not great. The overly sarcastic relationship between the two main characters didn't really appeal to me as I just didn't see any real emotional investment between them. I've read better, more exciting books by her but this was just okay.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Search By Nora Roberts, Aug. 20 2010
t
The underlying story was good but, as a dog lover myself I thought there was way too much info about the dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Search turned up a good read., Aug. 12 2010
This review is from: The Search (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed The Search as another great Nora Roberts novel. The characters were easy to relate to with their flaws and strengths. The story was compelling as it related to dog lovers found everywhere while invoking just the right amount of suspense.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first time, Aug. 9 2010
Luanne Ollivier - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Search (Hardcover)
Okay, I admit it - I was a Nora Roberts virgin. I know, I know, 191 books in print - 169 of them New York Times bestsellers and I hadn't read a one. So trying to be a well rounded reader, I picked up her latest - The Search - on a hot lazy Sunday afternoon in the hammock. Perfect choice!

Fiona Bristow was the lucky one. Destined to be the 13th victim of the Red Scarf Killer serial killer, she fought back, escaped and he was captured, prosecuted and jailed. Fiona's fiancee was also a victim. She has retreated to Orcas Island where she works as a dog trainer and also leads a volunteer canine search and rescue group. Simon, a talented wood artist, is also looking for peace and quiet when he moves to Orcas. But his puppy Jaws needs professional help and he seeks out Fee. Well, sparks fly.... But danger is afoot as well. Although the killer is safely behind bars, someone seems to be on a mission to duplicate his work. Is Fiona in his sights?

Roberts has created a strong female lead in Fiona. Simon is the rough and ready, not looking for a relationship kind of guy (who of course just happens to be really attractive) The interactions between the two are entertaining if not wholly believable. I got a little tired of hearing Simon say shut up. There's some steamy sex scenes between the two that did a steamy day justice. For the most part, the story is more on their budding relationship with the killer taking a back seat. Yes the suspense is there, but those looking for a high level thriller won't find it here.

As a dog lover, what I did really like were the dog training scenes. Lots of good information, some I've tried - I've got one who likes to jump up on people - and it worked! I found the search and rescue operations and methodology just as interesting. Some readers may find this slows them down. Great dog quote from the book "One of the best things about dogs, to Fiona's mind, was their absolute joy in welcoming you home, whether you'd been gone for five minutes or five days. There lay unconditional and boundless love. 'And I really liked her descriptions of the setting she chose. A cute little cottage in the woods, with beaches nearby? Sign me up. Orcas Island is real.

So I enjoyed my first foray into Roberts' territory - great escapist reading that didn't tax my brain. Fans of romantic suspense will enjoy Nora Roberts. It kind of reminded me a bit of Iris Johansen's writing. I can see why she's at the top of her game.

Roberts also writes under the nom de plume of J.D. Robb and has a highly successful 30 book series - the futuristic In Death books.

2.0 out of 5 stars not really my thing, June 17 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
I didn't feel any electricity or interest between the characters, and thought the dog searching stuff and her reaction to the new serial killer to be highly unrealistic. Just not my thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story!, Feb. 18 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
This is a paint-by-the-numbers woman in jeopardy type thriller. However, Roberts is a good writer and this is a solid story, Even though there were no surprises, I enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, Feb. 2 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
one of the better nora robert books, interesting characters , good suspense, some romance added in etc. didnt want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant reading, Oct. 19 2013
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
Great read would recommend this to every reader who likes intrigue and suspense. Great author wi
Ll definitely read more of her books

The Search