5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant reading
Great read would recommend this to every reader who likes intrigue and suspense. Great author wi
Ll definitely read more of her books
Published 6 months ago by browndcm

3.0 out of 5 stars No real surprises but acceptable story
Although there were no real surprises in this by-the-numbers romantic suspense/thriller, it was a okay
story if not great. The overly sarcastic relationship between the two main characters didn't really appeal to me as I just didn't see any real emotional investment between them. I've read better, more exciting books by her but this was just okay.
Published 3 months ago by Jenifer Mohammed, Author of Re...

3.0 out of 5 stars No real surprises but acceptable story, Jan. 3 2014
Jenifer Mohammed, Author of Resurrecting Cybe... (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story!, Feb. 18 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
This is a paint-by-the-numbers woman in jeopardy type thriller. However, Roberts is a good writer and this is a solid story, Even though there were no surprises, I enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, Feb. 2 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
one of the better nora robert books, interesting characters , good suspense, some romance added in etc. didnt want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant reading, Oct. 19 2013
Ll definitely read more of her books

4.0 out of 5 stars Bark, Aug. 1 2013
Chris (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Search (Hardcover)
A book I saved for my cottage vacation, "The Search" presented Fiona and Simon, my favourite Nora Roberts couple yet (but maybe Colt Nightshade is my favourite character - definitely favourite name). These characters, and Roberts' comfort food prose, made up for a serial killer that got more boring as the story continued and for scenes that seemed to have been written to show off Roberts' research (e.g. "Small Dog Syndrome").

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 14 2013
This review is from: The Search (Hardcover)
Loved it, couldnt put it down, the perfect balance of suspence/drama and love story, my favorite kind of read, Nora Roberts is my favorite writer, I love knowing that at the end of the book the characters are going to be happy but I love the drama and mystery end of it as well, Nora always manages to have just enough of both

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, Feb. 5 2013
This review is from: The Search (Mass Market Paperback)
Can't really go wrong with Nora Roberts books. It was a good story with some good suspense. I would recomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read...., Dec 10 2012
This review is from: Search, The(CD)(Abr.) (Audio CD)
Enjoyed this book and its two main characters, loved the storyline of suspense, romance and more suspense. Have listened to this twice and will put it away till next summer and listen to it again. I do love my audio books for the car and my kobo for the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book for dogs lovers, April 6 2012
Manon Lavoie - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Search (Mass Market Paperback)
Great book, Mrs Robert does have good humor... She also studied the training of dods and made me think of Ceasar with his pack leader... I enjoy that book enormously.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first time, Aug. 9 2010
Luanne Ollivier - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Search (Hardcover)
Okay, I admit it - I was a Nora Roberts virgin. I know, I know, 191 books in print - 169 of them New York Times bestsellers and I hadn't read a one. So trying to be a well rounded reader, I picked up her latest - The Search - on a hot lazy Sunday afternoon in the hammock. Perfect choice!

Fiona Bristow was the lucky one. Destined to be the 13th victim of the Red Scarf Killer serial killer, she fought back, escaped and he was captured, prosecuted and jailed. Fiona's fiancee was also a victim. She has retreated to Orcas Island where she works as a dog trainer and also leads a volunteer canine search and rescue group. Simon, a talented wood artist, is also looking for peace and quiet when he moves to Orcas. But his puppy Jaws needs professional help and he seeks out Fee. Well, sparks fly.... But danger is afoot as well. Although the killer is safely behind bars, someone seems to be on a mission to duplicate his work. Is Fiona in his sights?

Roberts has created a strong female lead in Fiona. Simon is the rough and ready, not looking for a relationship kind of guy (who of course just happens to be really attractive) The interactions between the two are entertaining if not wholly believable. I got a little tired of hearing Simon say shut up. There's some steamy sex scenes between the two that did a steamy day justice. For the most part, the story is more on their budding relationship with the killer taking a back seat. Yes the suspense is there, but those looking for a high level thriller won't find it here.

As a dog lover, what I did really like were the dog training scenes. Lots of good information, some I've tried - I've got one who likes to jump up on people - and it worked! I found the search and rescue operations and methodology just as interesting. Some readers may find this slows them down. Great dog quote from the book "One of the best things about dogs, to Fiona's mind, was their absolute joy in welcoming you home, whether you'd been gone for five minutes or five days. There lay unconditional and boundless love. 'And I really liked her descriptions of the setting she chose. A cute little cottage in the woods, with beaches nearby? Sign me up. Orcas Island is real.

So I enjoyed my first foray into Roberts' territory - great escapist reading that didn't tax my brain. Fans of romantic suspense will enjoy Nora Roberts. It kind of reminded me a bit of Iris Johansen's writing. I can see why she's at the top of her game.

Roberts also writes under the nom de plume of J.D. Robb and has a highly successful 30 book series - the futuristic In Death books.

ARRAY(0xb723f450)