5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book
Published on Nov. 9 2007 by Boid Tyson

3.0 out of 5 stars A well balanced book.
I have only read a few of Nora Roberts's books and have never been a great fan until now. This book has what a romantic suspense book should have, a great balance of both. Most books lack in one or the other. What I also liked is that the suspense take hold of you early on and stays until end and the characters are well developed. I hope to find more like this.
Published on May 26 2004 by Jane W

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book, Nov. 9 2007
An OUTSTANDING read - I only wish Nora Roberts would make a series of books based on Dora and Jed. Dora's colorful, warm family getting mixed up in "intrigue" and dragging Dora into it, Dora helping Jed out on a case or two with her unique talents and knowledge - I can see many wonderful mysteries and adventures in their lives that I'd love to read about. This book was just too wonderful, the charicters too rich and warm, it leaves the reader wanting MORE. I was given this by a friend who insisted I read it. I'm not normally into this genre of books, but it worked out well. Must also recommend the books "Kite Runner" "O Pioneers!" by Cather, and "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Lee--are are great though not that new.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, July 9 2004
I just finished reading this, and I've read about 50 of her books, and this is one of my favorites. Dora, the main character is amazing, and never quits trying to defeat the villian, even when she's not sure who it is. There is a wonderful cast of characters, and you fall in love with all of them. And you are truly upset, when they are upset, and happy when they are happy. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Great Book!!!, June 24 2004
By A Customer
I am absolutely amazed no one has reviewed this book. It is excellent. I am not going to give a synopsis becuase you guys can read the editorials above. If you like Nora read this book!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A well balanced book., May 26 2004
Jane W "jeny499" (Hillsborough, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, Jan. 22 2004
By A Customer
I laughed out loud so many times reading the book. Nora's very good with sneaking small funny details in her books that catch you off guard. "My dear Izzy, the deed is done!" :P I think this book mixes the right amount of suspense and romance, and humour, which makes it a very engaging read. Yay to you, Nora!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great One!!!, Sept. 14 2003
By A Customer
This book was interesting from page one and remained interesting until the end. Dora was a gem, a real delight. Jed (didn't like that name) was a good hero, too. I promise, you'll not be bored with this one, as the plot Nora Roberts wrapped around the romance was very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars This version needs special equipment, July 12 2003
By A Customer
I was amazed when I received this cassette set from Amazon.com to find it is double taped (5 cassettes instead of 7 or 8 cassettes) and needs a two speaker system(You have to switch from speaker a to b four times for each tape) or an adapter(only available by the cassette company.) Story is excellent as I have read the book but am now unable to hear the tape on a regular tape player. Beware of this situation before you buy it. Also, Amazon.com, please make note of this situation when describing the specifics of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts does it again!, March 9 2003
The novel starts off with Jed Skimmerhorn, and ex-police officer. He moves into an apartment just above Dora's Parlor. Dora Conroy is an ex-actor who opened her own business selling antiques and collectibles. She is Jed's new landlord.
At an auction, Dora wins a few boxes of artwork and various trinkets, not knowing that they will get her into a lot of trouble with some smugglers and bring her closer to Jed.
This is an incredible romantic thriller. It was the first Nora Roberts novel I have ever read, and it inspired me to read many others.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read them all...this one is the best!!!, Jan. 22 2003
This is a fantastic book...it brings together all of Nora Robert's strongest talents. Fast, witty dialogue, a fascinating plot, deeply interesting seconday characters and two protagonists that make me laugh out loud and feel real empathy for their all too human foibles.
I may be in love with Jed Skimmerhorn for the rest of my life. I don't think anyone writes a male character for women better than Nora. They are all flawed and vulnerable, but you don't feel like mugging their therapist. They are annoying, infuriating, by turns selfish and self serving, but also sexy, warm, smart and gloriously interesting!!! Her female characters all make me want to have drinks with them. My highest compliment

5.0 out of 5 stars My first and favorite Nora Roberts book., Jan. 4 2003
S. Gould "gouldpjaks" (Woodmere, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I picked this book up while on vacation a few years ago. I had never heard of Nora Roberts and was not a romance fan. This story introduced me to Roberts and romance.
The plot revolves around Dora Conroy, a quirky proprietor of a small antique shop, who inadvertently interferes with the illegal shipment of some smuggled artwork and becomes the target of a ruthless and deadly businessman. Her new tenant Jed Skimmerhorn, an ex detective with the Philadelphia PD, is reluctantly attracted to Dora and feels obligated to protect her when the bad guys break into her apartment and threaten her. Add Dora's spirited family of actors and their bizarre show biz friends into the mix and you have the recipe for fun.
The story is at times humorous, often suspenseful, very romantic and always a great read. You won't want to miss this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hidden Riches
Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts (Hardcover - June 1995)
Used & New from: CDN$ 13.30