countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 10, 2016
This book is probably the most ignorantly self-congratulatory pile of nonsense I've ever read. Richard Branson's advice on success could be succinctly summed up with the phrase, "Hey, if you believe in yourself enough literally everything will work out in your favour with no exceptions." Despite the fact this advice comes from an opportunity-rich white male baby boomer, Branson frequently hammers home that his success is owed to nothing more than his own masturbatory sense of how great he is.

Though the overall point of this book could be gleaned from the obnoxious chapter previews alone in about six minutes, Branson nonetheless rambles out a seemingly endless stream of anecdotes about all the celebrities he's met, women he's slept with and "SUPER COOL THINGS" he's done which lack any semblance of relatability. All the while he consistently whines about problems which classify so far above First World that I'm not even sure what world they land on. At one point he bitches about how much he hated having to meet with executives in a corporate office when he'd rather just be meeting his friends on his yacht as if that's somehow accessible or interesting to anybody but himself.

For some reason I had to teach this bile as part of my curriculum in a TEFL program in South Korea. When we finished I asked my students what their favourite part of the book was. A girl immediately stood up from her desk, walked to the back of the room and slammed it into the waste bin and said "That was my favourite part." I gave her an A.
on April 19, 2016
Great book. Give real life and simple examples of how he become big. I love the part that he also believes in the law of contribution.
on March 24, 2016
great quick read to inspire and move you forward in life... It gave me an important insight to do a change in my personal life.
on March 1, 2016
just a condensed version of his first book, which I loved.
on July 13, 2015
Very nice and one of the easier reads.
on April 26, 2015
Great book, very satisfied with the shipping time. Thanks again!
on June 12, 2014
All you need to know is in the title of the book. Like Nike's "Just Do It." It's 128 pages were likely dashed off during one transatlantic flight and reveal little. In fact, any information that might support the title's premise can be had from just about every interview Mr. Branson has ever done.
on January 29, 2014
This was a great quick read. I really enjoyed the life lessons and reading the stories behind them. Definitely recommend this one,
on May 17, 2011
I have to admit, I haven't finished it cover to cover yet, but so far, the stories have been very inspirational. The only chapter that was harder to get through for me, and could be shorter for my sake was the Gaia Capitalism chapter. Although it's a good subject, I think it keeps dragging the same message: "Do something, now".

I highly recommend this book to anyone that's running a business, or is planning on doing that.
on May 13, 2011
Richard Branson is an amazing man and this book gives great insight to his ways of doing things how it did it excellent reading