4.0 out of 5 stars A beautifl ending
Published on Feb. 8 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a long journey
Two con men try their luck at seducing an heiress in the hope that her father will buy the lucky one off, only to find that they are the prey rather than the predators. Intricate plotting saves the book, as the characters are all such scumbags it's difficult to care what happens to them.
Published on Jan. 9 2000 by Jules

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautifl ending, Feb. 8 2000
This review is from: Closed Circle (Paperback)
I have been a book addict since little and specailly a mistery novel fan. Recently, I often got so bored with junk publication of mystery novels but When I first encountered his book I knew that he was genius! TAKE NO FAREWELL, PAINTING THE DARKNESS, PAST CARING, INTO THE BLUE, HAND IN GLOVE, BEYOND RECALL, OUT OF SUN.... I still have more Goddards to read but my personal top 3 so far would be PAINTING THE DARKNESS, PAST CARING and INTO THE BLUE. CLOSED CIRCLE is a good book although it may lack the twist and mystery compared to other books by Goddard. But I am so attached to this book and keep reading in order just to reach the ending, which is my favorite part and the most beautiful ending by Goddard which envoke visual and emotional sensation as if I were there. The last few sentences, I can even recall as it is so beautiful and so sad. (This novel is not as sad as other Goddard's books, though) I would love to read sequal if any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Oct. 7 1998
This review is from: Closed Circle (Paperback)
I picked this up because I had read British author Goddard was a master at writing a clever plot and was, in fact, called "the prince of plotting". I was impressed by how well the story developed and the unexpected turns he takes you through. I can't wait to read the rest of his books!! The official review posted online gives too much away though.....I never read those anymore for fear they might reveal something they shouldn't, but rather skip to the customer comments.
Could anyone out there tell me which of his novels are the very best, and in which order? I've tried to order Past Caring, which I hear is fantastic, but haven't gotten a copy yet. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Watching a Hitchcock Movie, May 22 2000
C. Kuschel-Toerber "Christian Kuschel" (Frankfurt, Hessen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Closed Circle (Paperback)
Robert Goddard's books are all pretty much alike - and they're all pretty good: Crimes committed in the past coming back to haunt the protagonists later on.
Written in beautiful prose, the likeable and believable characters in Mr. Goddard's novels stumble through twists and turns, uncovering truths that turn out to be lies in the end.
A lot of research and a great feel for the times that the story takes place in (the 1930's in this case) are another trademark of Mr. Goddard's skills.
Reading any Robert Goddard novel is like watching a Hitchcock movie, and "Closed Circle" is one of the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars ** Not quite as good as some of his other titles **, Oct. 17 2000
This review is from: Closed Circle (Paperback)
This was the third Goddard title I read .. & I was a little disappointed. I wouldn't recommend reading this title first .. try (say) In Pale Batallions or Hand In Glove first. I've given it 4 stars because the writing/language is still superb Goddard. I deducted one star only because (personally) I found the ending a little far-fetched.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a long journey, Jan. 9 2000

Closed Circle
Closed Circle by Robert Goddard (Audio Cassette - Oct. 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 125.77