5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!!, Feb. 18 2004
By A Customer
A wonderfully written and absolutely entertaining book. No other series of books is closer to the characters than those of Lee Goldberg. Thank you, Lee and all of those who helped creating and who are playing the characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Read for Murder Mystery Fans, Feb. 11 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! You don't have to be a big fan of Diagnosis Murder (which I am!) to enjoy this book though. The plot twists and turns were great and any murder mystery fan would enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Coolest Book ever, Feb. 6 2004
By A Customer
Lee Goldberg wrote the best book ever it captures all the stuff from the tv show Good Job Lee please write

5.0 out of 5 stars Diagnosis: Benign, but Enjoyable, Jan. 16 2004
Sissalou "sissalou" (SAINT CLAIR, MI USA) - See all my reviews
The purpose of these remarks is not to reiterate the plot which has been ably done by both the Amazon.com/Publisher synopsis and by other reviewers. My purpose is to say whether or not I think a book is worth its asking price in exchange for the entertainment it provides. Silent Partner is worth the exchange for its entertainment value.
Dick Van Dyke is my Number One favorite actor. Because I had not seen a Diagnosis Murder (DM) episode on TV since 1999 because I moved outside of the PAX TV signal, when I saw Lee Goldberg's book, Silent Partner, I snatched it up with pleasure.
The book reads like a TV episode. I hoped for a more serious book, but the book is truly in keeping with the depth of its television counterpart, which, as fans know, is not exceedingly deep. Entertainment seems to be the main focus of the show and, consequently, the book.
B+: for the numerous references to celebrities and products that were popular when the book was being written. This practice locks a book into a particular era and is hard to read once the familiar people and objects are no longer familiar or popular.
Lee Goldberg made a "clever" reference to Dr. Jack Stewart (played by Scott Biao) looking like "Chachi" on "Happy Days." "Happy Days" was on TV when I was in high school, but I rarely watched it. Years later, during a dinner party, one of the other guests stared at a poster hanging on the wall behind me. "Ooooohhh," She said to our hostess, "I love your poster of Scott Biao!"
I glanced over my shoulder to see what the excitement was about. "Oh," I said, "I thought that was "Chachi." They all laughed and educated me by explaining that Scott Biao was Chachi. Ooookay-so much for face and name recognition. By the way, Scott Biao was my Number Two favorite actor on DM (just behind the Pro, Dick Van Dyke).
I found the characterizations in Silent Partner rather shallow and the solution very predictable, but whatever its literary shortcomings may, or may not, be, this book adds to the enjoyment of "Diagnosis Murder" in any format.
A+: Mr. Goldberg did a good job pacing the action and the humor. I enjoyed the conversations and witty remarks the characters made among themselves. Since the author wrote episodes of DM, the conversations in the book were remarkably like an episode.
With a little more practice, Mr. Goldberg's books may be as enjoyable as his TV scripts. Regardless, I was glad I bought Silent Partner and I plan to buy DM Book #2 in Feb 04.
Go ahead and put this book in your shopping basket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What the Doctor Ordered, Sept. 29 2003
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
When LAPD chief John Masters approaches Mark Sloan about serving on a committee to look into unsolved crimes, Mark is surprised. Sure, he has a great reputation for solving homicides, but it's something of an embarrassment to the department. Still, Mark is eager to look into these old cases and try to find someone who got away with murder. A chance file misplaced in the room takes Mark on a different direction, however. He's convenienced that one victim of a serial killer was murdered by a copycat who's still free. Striking out on his own, he begins to gather more evidence.
Meanwhile, Jack Stewart is back to perform a kidney transplant on one of Mark's patience, stirring up old feelings of betrayal in the tight nit group. Why exactly did Jack vanish with hardly a goodbye? And Jesse, who was finally beginning to feel free of Jack's shadow, is threatened by his return.
I started watching this show part way through its run, but I've caught a number of reruns over the years. I always enjoyed it. This book, written by one of the writer/producers, is just like catching an extended episode I missed. As you'd expect from someone that closely related to the series, the characters are perfectly in character, and I got quite a kick out of some of the character moments. Mr. Goldberg also uses the format and opportunity to explore the characters a little more. While this part could have used a little more polish, I enjoyed it.
And the plot! I stayed up later then intended on more then one occasion to read "just one more chapter." Even though I figured things out a little earlier then I normally like, figuring out how Mark would make the connections certainly kept me glued to the pages.
If you were at all a fan of the TV show, run out and get this book today. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mystery!, Sept. 14 2003
V. Pennington (Odessa, MO USA) - See all my reviews
For those who love the show, you will enjoy the book. For those who love mysteries, you will love the twists and turns in this one. There are actually two mysteries going on in this book. One involves former resident Of Community General (remember Jack?), and another involves a serial killer. The author has worked the shows characters into the mystery, but if you have never watched the show, don't be discouraged. Goldberg explains the characters and their pasts so you can be part of the action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diagnosis Murder: Hit or Flatline, Sept. 13 2003
I am a HUGE fan of the Diagnosis Murder series. I wasn't sure if the book was going to be as good as the t.v. show, but I believe that Lee Goldberg pulled it off. At first I was a unsure, some things were a little out of character, but it worked out in the end. I believe this was one the best books I have ever read, especially in the murder-mystery genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOK! TWO THUMBS UP!!!!, Sept. 8 2003
"barrionettebabe" (Long Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
If you're a HUGE Diagnosis Murder Fan then this book is for you. This book was like watching it on television again. You can see all the characters and all the emotions they are going through. Great to have our old friends back again for another ride. Now we can read what the characters are actually thinking. The best book I have read in years. Lee Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Another job well done. Like Author Janet Evanovich said and I quote 'It's no surprise that the book delivers everything you expect from the show.' And yes it is 'very high-octane mystery that moves like a bullet train.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Immensely satisfying, Sept. 3 2003
It isn't every person who has one, let alone two, very specialized skills but Dr. Mark Sloan, the chief of Internal medicine at Community General Hospital, is one of the rare ones. He is an excellent physician and he is brilliant when it comes to solving homicides. Over the years he has caught many murderers, much to the chagrin of the LAPD, who finds him a personal embarrassment.
To get him out of his hair, LAPD Police Chief John Masters asks him to serve on a cold case task force never believing for a minute that he, an ex-FBI profiler and a true crime writer would find something detrimental to the department. It seems that a serial killer has been operating in the area for years, mimicking other serial killer signatures, which makes Mark think that the murderer is close to the investigations. While he is trying to figure out who that person is, Mark also has to figure out who deliberately killed one of his patients in surgery while making it look like medical incompetence.
The author of this book wrote many of the "Diagnosis Murder" episodes as well as being the executive producer of the show so it shouldn't come as any surprise that Lee Goldberg is brilliant when it comes to characterizations. Readers will believe the people that inhabit the pages of this book actually exist and will like the ones who stay on the right side of the law. This reviewer hopes Mr. Goldberg writes more Diagnosis Murder novels, as they are so much fun to read.
Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book! 2 Thumbs Up!, Sept. 2 2003
"barrionettebabe" (Long Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
If you watched Diagnosis Murder for 8 years you're going to love this book! If you're a fan of Lee Goldberg you're going to love this book! It's like watching the show all over again. Thanks Lee for the surprises that you put in this book. You get more insight of what the characters are thinking and feeling towards each other that you didn't get from TV. This book is definately a great read. I can't wait for the next book, The Death Merchant. As Author Janet Evanovich said, "This is a clever,high-octane mystery that moves like a bullet train." THE FAB FOUR RIDES AGAIN!!!! WOOHOO!

The Silent Partner
The Silent Partner by Lee Goldberg (Paperback - June 2004)
Out of stock