5.0 out of 5 stars All Inclusive Handbook
Des Pawson created a great manual for tying all types of knots. He successfully breaks down the various categories to include essential basics, their technical counterparts and various other useful techniques for both decorative uses and inquisitive minds.
As an avid sailor and user of all types of knots, I can't emphasize enough the importance of strongly knowing...
Published on Feb. 6 2003 by cricker

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally good, but frequently confusing
This is overall a good book, with some interesting knots and useful illustrations. At times, however--more frequently than is acceptable--I have found the instructions a little too telegraphic and the illustrations completely mysterious. For instance, the illustrations sometimes seem to change orientation from one step to the next with no word of warning. At other times,...
Published on Jan. 15 2002 by Michael R. Rhum

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, Jan. 26 2000
David Ewan (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
I consider this book a "must have". It is compact (travels well) and is very well illustrated. The instructions are very easy to follow. Anyone who camps, hikes or sails should have a copy. Makes a great gift (e.g. Christmas stocking stuffer).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 15 2014
This review is from: Handbook of Knots (Paperback)
Love this book . the knotting examples are excellent to follow and learn. Would highly recommend. First choice of knot books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, Jan. 24 2013
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots Expanded Edition (Paperback)
I bought this book as a gift for my husband and he loves it. When we went camping he was so proud of himself for tying the right knots. The images and step by step instructions are clear and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good knot book, Dec 10 2001
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
There are a lot of knot books out there, and this is one of the best. It also contains information on splicing ropes, which is suprisingly absent from about 90% of the other knot books out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good....and simple, July 11 2000
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
Not overly complex or too simplistic, this book covers the basics. Color photgraphy is good. In some areas more detail would have been appreciated. Overall, a gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful!, Feb. 6 1999
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
After checking this book out from the library I've decided I need my own copy. ;) The photos are so clear even a fumblefingers like me can follow them!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Great Book!!, Nov. 25 1998
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
I've enjoied this book to the maximum. It is a complete reference for the amateur & the serious crafter&sailor. I recomend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, April 29 2011
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots Expanded Edition (Paperback)
This book is excellent. It has really easy to follow instructions including several pictures per knot.
More than enough knots for me and more than I will be able to remember anyway.
I would recommend to anyone wanting a good cheap start to knots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of esoteric Knots, Not very useful as a reference, March 25 1999
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
I found the diagrams difficult to follow although the color photographs were well done. This was akward to use as a reference manual. I would prefer a spiral bound book which faclitates tying of the knot while the book is open.It is difficult to follow the knot and keep this book open to the appropriate page.I ended up returning this book for a credit.

5.0 out of 5 stars If knot now, then braid, Oct. 22 2002
This review is from: Handbook Of Knots (Paperback)
As a pacifist and a professional bank robber let me just say that this text is indispensable. Danger is inherent to my line of work. Most of my colleges are dangerous and well armed. My personal credo is money is not worth getting hurt over but sometimes I must disable some of my clients as I go about my work and that is why I give this book 5 stars. After studying this book I can guarantee if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you in a bank you may be immobilized but you will be in a comfortable position as I do my job until the authorities show up to release you.
No matter your profession if you have any need or desire to learn proper knot work this is the text for you.
Good luck and keep those deposits coming.

Handbook Of Knots Expanded Edition
Handbook Of Knots Expanded Edition by Des Pawson (Paperback - June 21 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 18.50