5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars Visual Guide, Jan. 31 2010
Trevor Ray (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Clone Wars The Visual Guide (Hardcover)
All and all this book is great if you're a fan of the Clone Wars era saga. The only thing that I was hoping for was a more in-depth review of the various clone groups (i.e. the blue 501st clones; the green 41st; the orange 212th, etc). It dose however include a descent write up for several of the major clone characters (Rex, Cody, etc) in addition to the Jedi and Separatist characters.
In general, DK books are great reference guides for those who are visual learners and like pictures and diagrams.

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of the first two seasons of television series, June 17 2011
Canadianladybug "Canadianladybug" (Ottawa, ON, CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Star Wars Clone Wars The Visual Guide (Hardcover)
My kids are completely nuts about Star Wars clone Wars. They have seen the first two seasons of television shows and are waiting patiently that season three comes out in DVD (you see we don't have cable...).

They eat, drink, dream and live to play with their Star Wars Lego. They grab Star Wars books anytime they want. They pretend play as though they are in Star Wars.

I guess we have created Star Wars monsters... Seriously though I am pleased to see them passionate about something that started back in the 70s. Star Wars was part of our growing up my husband and I. It is in the life of my kids now and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the life of my grand-kids one of these days.

So when a new book of Star Wars The Clone Wars came through the door - thanks to DK Canada - my kids were jumping up and down. Well my three years old daughter was because Ashoka Tano was on the cover. *grin*

The Star Wars The Clone Wars The Visual Guide is the guide to have to learn more about the various characters, ships, droids, and more from the first two seasons of the series. Yes - this doesn't cover the third season... which means that eventually you can expect and updated version of the visual guide.

Still because my kids have to wait to watch the third season, this book is handy because they can read it (or get someone read it to them) to learn more about their beloved characters as well as the not so beloved ones.

I think my favourite droid is definitively R2-D2. In this book, you will get two pages dedicated on him. It is the kind of droid I would like to have with me - courageous, loyal, spirited, quirky... and he can come in handy every once in a while. My second favourite droid is C3-PO. I knew that C3-PO was fluent in many languages but this book indicates that he can communicate in six millions ways. I'm speechless (which is not something C3-PO would be able to do I think!).

This book is a good review of the first two seasons of the television series. Perfect for kids who wants to go through it and review what happened before they watch the third season when it comes out in DVD.

If you have a child who is passionate about Star Wars The Clone Wars, consider getting The Visual Guide.

Star Wars Clone Wars The Visual Guide
Star Wars Clone Wars The Visual Guide by Dorling Kindersley (Hardcover - July 29 2008)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87