5.0 out of 5 stars Open up your creativity
When I was younger, I played with Lego quite a bit. My mom even bought some ideas books that I still have to this day and now my own kids are using them. But DK Canada now have a fabulous book that I knew my kids will jump on it when they see it.

Published on Nov. 22 2011 by Canadianladybug

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas but no instructions
This is a great book, but you need to have a lot of lego experience and some good engineering intuition to really make it work. Nonetheless, it inspires some fun ideas.
Published on Dec 17 2012 by Darrell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Open up your creativity, Nov. 22 2011
Canadianladybug "Canadianladybug" (Ottawa, ON, CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)

This book is simply amazing and contains numerous ideas where you and your kids can build from. Not only will it give you building tips but you will find ideas that will spark your own imagination. The book is divided in six sections full of construction ideas.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles cover any vehicles that you can think off.

Town & Country will guide you in how to build a building whether it is in town or in the country.

Out of this World is a section that will present anything from out of space.

In Days of Old will bring back in time and guide you in building Medieval structures.

A World of Adventure will bring you into the world of pirates, Vikings, the jungle as well as robots.

Make & Keep will guide you in building useful items like desk organizers or board games.

Each section always star by presenting some of the bricks you might need to complete the ideas included in it. Some people might find that it is unfortunate that some pieces are not easy to get and I understands their problem. Recently, I saw a marvelous box of Lego at Wal-Mart and checked to see if strange pieces were included in it. There was not many out of the ordinary pieces unfortunately. I would have consider getting the box if it would have been the case. I am still thinking I might purchase it because the bricks I had when I was younger are older and break easily. But not having special pieces to build the ideas in this book could be discouraging.

Like I mentioned my kids now play with my older Lego and they also got Lego for their birthday or Christmas over the year. So our Lego collection is growing... I am uncertain to how many pieces we might have to do the ideas in this book but I am excited to get down on my knees and do some building with them. Unfortunately, this book doesn't contain a step-by-step method of building the ideas. You will have to figure out most of the ideas by yourself. In a way it will help you to stretch your imagination and develop your deductive skills when investigating which pieces you will need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea for the lego kid!, April 5 2012
Amazon Customer "momofthree" (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
I ordered this for my son, who loves lego. I knew he would be receiving a few lego gifts over the Christmas season and thought this book might help him see what else he can build with all of his extra pieces. He enjoyed it so much that he wanted to give a copy of the same book to his cousin for his birthday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Ideas, April 28 2014
P M - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
I buy used lego for my kids without instruction manuals, because I think it's good for them to use imagination. I mean, lego is a building system, not a collection of models. This book is colorful, fun, imaginative, and opens pathways to enjoying the toy more. Some of the ideas however, seem to use some pretty specialized pieces. I was hoping for the use of more simple blocks. Still fun though.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Jan. 6 2012
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
my son loves having this book.He builds all the time.He says its one of his best presents this year, fast delivery, thank you, amazon, excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars For the lego lover!, Jan. 8 2013
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
my grandson had lots of lego but needed some new ideas. this was great for him to expand his work

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego concepts a hit with 8 year old, Jan. 14 2013
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
My 8-year old grandson has loads of Lego and, rather than adding to his collection, I thought that this book might give him fresh ideas for using what he already owns. Christmas morning, after the gifts were all opened, he picked up this book and thoroughly perused each page.

When he had finished, I asked him if he would be able to make the models pictured with the the Lego he currently owns. To my delight, he again went through the book and - although most of the concepts use specialized parts that he does not have - he pointed to almost all of the photos while saying that yes, he would be able to make this one and that one.... etc.

This book may save the planet (well, perhaps your house), from being buried under Lego.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy kid, Dec 22 2013
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
My son was thrilled with this. I thought it would have been more directions of how to make the pictures but it's not. He likes it just fine and can make the examples without direction anyway so not bad and a great price for a well made book with great photos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Dec 29 2011
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought this book for my step-son for Christmas and he is creating new objects since. It gave him plenty of ideas to create new projects. I highly recommend this book. It is very well made and presented.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas but no instructions, Dec 17 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas, Dec 8 2013
This review is from: The LEGO Ideas Book (Hardcover)
Instructions are not detailed, but there are many ideas and suggestions. This was purchased as a Christmas present, but I think my grandson will love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The LEGO Ideas Book
The LEGO Ideas Book by Daniel Lipkowitz (Hardcover - Sept. 19 2011)
CDN$ 27.99 CDN$ 17.55