5.0 out of 5 stars An Insightful Invitation to Volunteers, Jan. 10 2003
Rose Mc Dermott (Dallas, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul: Stories to Celebrate the Spirit of Courage, Caring and Community (Paperback)
I would recommend reading "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul" to anyone who has a sincere interest in his fellowmen and possesses the capacity to relate to the needs, sorrows, and joys of others. I was impressed by the work's intent, format, and content. The selections are comprehensive and meaningful, offering a wide range of volunteer experiences for the information, delight, compassion, and consideration to the book's readers. Hopefully, this publication will encourage countless individuals to find the necessary reason and desire to give of their own time, talents, and hearts to those in need in our society. For others, it will provide an understanding of the wonderful gifts of volunteering for the volunteer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul, Sept. 2 2002
meganne l. forbes (Carpinteria, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Have you ever read a book that actually inspired you to contribute to the world..........to make a change? This book will do that. The authors have put together a tool for transformation..........helping others brings more love to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul, Aug. 7 2002
Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul encourages people to realize their own potential and unique manner of helping others. Many times we assume that we have to belong to a group as a volunteer to make a difference, yet by simply reaching out to others we have served humanity. The stories in "Chicken Soup for the Volunteers Soul" emits our very unique gifts of Love. After all, that is what a volunteer does, gives from their heart. Readers spirits will be lifted as they come to realize their small acts of kindness has had an impact . As editor of heartswithsoul.com I would Love to have the privilege of sharing each of these heartfelt stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful collection of stories to warm the heart., Aug. 9 2002
Jeanie (Troy, MT, United States) - See all my reviews
This book can change your life and inspire everyone who reads it. This makes a great gift for ANYONE! You will be inspired and motivated to reach out to others after sharing the great stories in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirations and Surprises, Aug. 1 2002
Ann Kirby (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Think of your image of "volunteer." Now disregard it and check out "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul." Volunteer authors describe their experiences volunteering, and the variety and creativity of their work is truly amazing and inspiring. I loved the variety of volunteer stories in this book. It made me realize that if I don't have a lot of time or there's no big disaster around at the moment, there are zillions of ways that I can contribute to my community and the world, so I'm dumping my guilt and getting creative. . . . A big thank you to this great crew of authors and editors!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Find meaning in your life and change the world, July 29 2002
Amy Jenkins (Wauwatosa, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Read this book to celebrate humanity. The stories inspire us
all to offer our gifts to others.
Bob Parks' story "You Got Another One, Joey" moved me to
examine denied prejudices in my life.
Charlene Baldridge's story "Beyond the Huddle," showed me
not to pass up opportunities to make a difference and Pooja Krishna's,"Forgive Me Davey," gave me a chilling look at what may happen if I turn away.
I highly recommend this book for a look at how we can change the world one deed at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to everyone who read!, Oct. 30 2002
Denise Peebles (Rogersville, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
I contributed a story to this book about my daughter's tender heart for others. I have always been proud of her desire to help others and Chicken Soup gave me the opportunity to share it with the world. This book made me proud to be an American and to be allowed to live in this wonderful country that cares about it's neighbors. This collection of stories will enlighten anyone to give unselfishly to the needy or to those who have less. What a great feeling inside to be a part of it all!
Denise Peebles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good people, Good works!, Aug. 23 2002
Joe Gorman (Wilmington, DE) - See all my reviews
The world is filled with good people doing good for others.Volunteer's Soul tells the the stories of various individuals contributing their talents to bring joy and happiness to less fortunate people. A recurring theme in the book is that in helping others, one discovers his/her unique abilities in working with the lonely, the sick, the disabled,and people in need. This book is an inspiration for those who volunteer , or thinking about volunteering. Good works are celebrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping to Revive Our Hope, July 16 2002
Janet I. Buck (Medford, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Sheltered by the walls of academia, I had forgotten that the writing process itself is a mantra of social change, that our awakenings lead to a more united world. Reading the poignant and inspirational stories submitted to Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul reminded me of the many people who give selflessly of themselves, who teach us that heroes are everywhere we cast our eyes.
Janet I. Buck, Ph.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Voluntarism, Oct. 3 2002
g-mpub@gnt.net (Shalimar, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Every once in awhile we need to be reminded how great the human spirit is. "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul" lifted my spirits and caused me to rejoice that there are those who willingly bring joy to others. I was so touched by this powerful book that I couldn't put it down and when I did, I volunteered as a Delta Academy mentor for girls.
Muriel Castillo, Shalimar, Florida