5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul, Sept. 2 2002
meganne l. forbes (Carpinteria, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul: Stories to Celebrate the Spirit of Courage, Caring and Community (Paperback)
Have you ever read a book that actually inspired you to contribute to the world..........to make a change? This book will do that. The authors have put together a tool for transformation..........helping others brings more love to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful collection of stories to warm the heart., Aug. 9 2002
Jeanie (Troy, MT, United States) - See all my reviews
This book can change your life and inspire everyone who reads it. This makes a great gift for ANYONE! You will be inspired and motivated to reach out to others after sharing the great stories in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired to Volunteer, June 7 2004
Sarah (Gurnee, IL) - See all my reviews
I just finished "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer Soul," which is an excellent and inspirational book. Also, a few weeks ago, I went on a Social and Service Justice Retreat. Since reading this book, making the retreat, and other inevitable signs, I feel inspired to find a place to volunteer.
Sarah
Gurnee, Illinois

5.0 out of 5 stars Well received, Jan. 20 2004
Marion Jones (Hartford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
'Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul' was well received by our volunteers, and it has also touch many people's hearts.
Marion Jones
The Connecticut Institute for the Blind/Oak Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so far, Oct. 23 2003
Kristie Linn (Burbank,CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am a volunteer my self at the my cities animal shelter. And I am going to let the president of the volunteers borrow it after I am done. I hope they make more about volunteering.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Insightful Invitation to Volunteers, Jan. 10 2003
Rose Mc Dermott (Dallas, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I would recommend reading "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul" to anyone who has a sincere interest in his fellowmen and possesses the capacity to relate to the needs, sorrows, and joys of others. I was impressed by the work's intent, format, and content. The selections are comprehensive and meaningful, offering a wide range of volunteer experiences for the information, delight, compassion, and consideration to the book's readers. Hopefully, this publication will encourage countless individuals to find the necessary reason and desire to give of their own time, talents, and hearts to those in need in our society. For others, it will provide an understanding of the wonderful gifts of volunteering for the volunteer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to everyone who read!, Oct. 30 2002
Denise Peebles (Rogersville, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
I contributed a story to this book about my daughter's tender heart for others. I have always been proud of her desire to help others and Chicken Soup gave me the opportunity to share it with the world. This book made me proud to be an American and to be allowed to live in this wonderful country that cares about it's neighbors. This collection of stories will enlighten anyone to give unselfishly to the needy or to those who have less. What a great feeling inside to be a part of it all!
Denise Peebles

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Voluntarism, Oct. 4 2002
g-mpub@gnt.net (Shalimar, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Every once in awhile we need to be reminded how great the human spirit is. "Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul" lifted my spirits and caused me to rejoice that there are those who willingly bring joy to others. I was so touched by this powerful book that I couldn't put it down and when I did, I volunteered as a Delta Academy mentor for girls.
Muriel Castillo, Shalimar, Florida

5.0 out of 5 stars Good people, Good works!, Aug. 23 2002
Joe Gorman (Wilmington, DE) - See all my reviews
The world is filled with good people doing good for others.Volunteer's Soul tells the the stories of various individuals contributing their talents to bring joy and happiness to less fortunate people. A recurring theme in the book is that in helping others, one discovers his/her unique abilities in working with the lonely, the sick, the disabled,and people in need. This book is an inspiration for those who volunteer , or thinking about volunteering. Good works are celebrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul, Aug. 8 2002
Chicken Soup for the Volunteer's Soul encourages people to realize their own potential and unique manner of helping others. Many times we assume that we have to belong to a group as a volunteer to make a difference, yet by simply reaching out to others we have served humanity. The stories in "Chicken Soup for the Volunteers Soul" emits our very unique gifts of Love. After all, that is what a volunteer does, gives from their heart. Readers spirits will be lifted as they come to realize their small acts of kindness has had an impact . As editor of heartswithsoul.com I would Love to have the privilege of sharing each of these heartfelt stories

ARRAY(0xb48465a0)