Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

on April 28, 2003
I purchased a copy of this book for my dad, but decided to read it before sending it to him. I'm so glad I did! It was a very enjoyable and appropriately FAST read.
The drivers contribute some stories and I really appreciate their perspective. There are stories not just from the contemporary drivers, but also from legends like Ned Jarrett and Richard Petty. Some of the stories are little windows in to the drivers' lives -- look for a story called "Jeff Gordon's Training Wheels" by John Bickford and Claire B. Lang.
However, it's the "pro" writers' stories I find the tastiest. David Poole, Carol Einarsson, Rob Faiella and Marty Smith are some of my favorite writers on the web and they provide some of this book's best moments. Most of the stories are sweet without being too saccharine -- there's a great deal to identify with if you are a fan. Carol Einarsson's "The Little Girl's Shoe" starts the collection off with lots of horsepower and I also really enjoyed Rob Faiella's commentary "Go to a Race."
All in all, a great book for fans and people who wonder what NASCAR is all about.
on April 29, 2003
Although I am an avid NASCAR fan, upon finishing this book, I came to the realization that you don't even have to know what NASCAR stands for to appreciate the storys and messages conveyed within the pages. I will admit some background on driver deaths would be very helpful information if I didn't know the history as well as I do. ... My favorite story is also one of the shortest in the book. "Special Delivery" will make you think twice about that big brown truck when you see it next time I gauruntee. Definitely the saddest story in the book in my opinion. (page 33- I've had so many people read it I've put the page to memory). If you've ever read Chicken Soup books, you'll know what to expect with the wide variety of topics discussed, and if you're a NASCAR fan, you'll enjoy the NASCAR ties expressed in each story. Definitely worth the price.
on May 27, 2003
I bought this book because my brother Robert Faiella contributed 2 stories to it ("Go to a race" and "Think before you boo"). However, after reading his two stories and then flipping through the other stories I realized that this truly is a wonderful book. It was great to see the personal sides of the drivers and learn how their generosity, talents and skills have touched so many lives. If you enjoyed the other Chicken Soup for the Soul series, you'll enjoy this book too - even if you never did watch a race!! Try it or like my brother says...Go to a race!
on May 20, 2003
This book is a MUST for any NASCAR fan or anyone who enjoys inspirational stories. There are stories from present drivers to yesterday's drivers, from sports writers to fans whose lives have been touched by the sport of NASCAR. The book will make you laugh and could make you cry. I would recommend this book to everyone! You will not be disappointed with your purchase.
on April 26, 2003
Hello. I just read the Chicken Soup for the NASCAR Soul book and loved the entire thing, but one story was really amazing. The story on Kelly Sutton by Andrew Kossak was my favorite one in the book. Her story and his writing were incredible. Great job by everyone as Chicken Soup has hit the jackpot again.
on May 1, 2003
I just finished this wondefully touching book. It's filled with stories from the drivers themselves,that you won't hear about anywhere else. There are stories from fans like you and me. I highly recommend it to any true fan of the great sport of racing.
on April 27, 2003
This book is simply amazing. It touches both the heart and the soul. I would highly recommend it for any NASCAR fan, even if you're just a casual fan. This book made me laugh and it made me cry. It's wonderful!