1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Two outta three ain bad..., Feb. 10 2009
GinRobi (Timmins, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skin On Skin (Paperback)
"China Doll" - Although a little rough in places, the author, Sunny, created engaging characters that pull you into the story. Anna, having been used and abused, was looking for someone to help exorcize the bad memories of her ex. Rand was looking for someone to have some fun with, wanting to pass the time. Rand got more than he bargained for when he fell in love with her, LOL! I've read the author before, and she's really good.

"Tempted" - I've never read Jami Alden before; you can bet I'll be reading her again! Her characters were very believable, some of them even quirky and making you laugh. The plot turned from a simple "I need to bring a date so no one bugs me about being single" to a full blown sexual relationship. I really liked how the characters had already known each other for a while, and how, even after the agreement that everything would go back to normal, there was no going back. Especially when one had the other for the other - and vice versa. A really good read! One teeny-tiny thing that I was disappointed about: They never used anything in the "gift basket" in the hotel room. *frown* Too bad. I was looking forward to that.

"Hot Wired" - I've never read the author before, and I'm not sure if I'll ever read her again. Her story was filled with stereotypes, her characters appear shallow - very much so. And they appeared rather ... high-school'ish. And while, I'll admit, she knows how to write a really hot sex scene, that was about all that was going for the story.

All in all, I'm glad I picked this book up, and encourage you to do the same.

WORD OF CAUTION: Sexually Explicit!!!

Skin On Skin
Skin On Skin by Valerie Martinez (Paperback - June 26 2007)
CDN$ 17.50 CDN$ 12.64