5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Do-It-Yourself Guide Ever!!!
Published 6 months ago by Harmony

3.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners
Nothing really special, but for beginners is ok. I think, the idea of making sausage yourself is to get product free of chemicals and it is not entirely the case reading the book. .Hard cover would be appreciated.
Published 11 months ago by Roman

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Do-It-Yourself Guide Ever!!!, Sept. 29 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making: How to Harvest Your Livestock & Wild Game (Paperback)
I come from a family that enjoys knowing where good meat comes from. I came across this book several years ago by chance and was eager to add it to my growing collection of farm and livestock books. Though it is only consulted a few times a year, this book helped my family make the greatest pork sausage earlier this summer, and it was absolutely delicious! For anyone who raises their own meat, hunts for it or wants to know the ins and outs of making your own freezer beef or smoked meat, I would recommend this in an instant! I've found no fault with it at all, and since it covers several methods and many species, there's not a thing to complain about!

4.0 out of 5 stars For Meat Lovers, Jan. 5 2014
ATC123 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this book for my son and recently read it myself. I have hunted for years and think that I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to meat processing but after reading this book I realized that I have a lot to learn. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in beginning to process meat and also for those who have been doing it for a while. I know that everyone has their "way" to do things but the value of a book like this is that it provides a broader perspective and that helps us all. Are there any shocking revelations in it, no but I would be surprised if anyone did not learn a few things after reading it. The writing style is easy to read and I wish I had read it several years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes and reference., Sept. 8 2013
I have only tried making the a few batches of sausage using the info from this book. So far my attempts have been successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, Jan. 2 2013
Very good book with tons of information. Would recommend this book to anyone who does there own butchering. Good value

3.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners, May 5 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars meat, Jan. 11 2011
Great book, tells me everything I needed to know. Would recamend it to anyone who's looking for info of this kind

ARRAY(0xb8afdcb4)