countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on September 29, 2013
I come from a family that enjoys knowing where good meat comes from. I came across this book several years ago by chance and was eager to add it to my growing collection of farm and livestock books. Though it is only consulted a few times a year, this book helped my family make the greatest pork sausage earlier this summer, and it was absolutely delicious! For anyone who raises their own meat, hunts for it or wants to know the ins and outs of making your own freezer beef or smoked meat, I would recommend this in an instant! I've found no fault with it at all, and since it covers several methods and many species, there's not a thing to complain about!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 5, 2014
I bought this book for my son and recently read it myself. I have hunted for years and think that I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to meat processing but after reading this book I realized that I have a lot to learn. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in beginning to process meat and also for those who have been doing it for a while. I know that everyone has their "way" to do things but the value of a book like this is that it provides a broader perspective and that helps us all. Are there any shocking revelations in it, no but I would be surprised if anyone did not learn a few things after reading it. The writing style is easy to read and I wish I had read it several years ago.
on January 2, 2013
Very good book with tons of information. Would recommend this book to anyone who does there own butchering. Good value
on February 29, 2016
have a lot of info for butchering , but less in curing I like to find a few recipe for curing, so far it is a good book.....
on September 8, 2013
I have only tried making the a few batches of sausage using the info from this book. So far my attempts have been successful.
on December 9, 2015
Lots of recipes to try... I will be busy for a long while.
on May 16, 2016
Great review of all stages; from butchering to processing.
on July 7, 2016
Good book lots of information and practical information.
on February 4, 2016
Perfect book for foodie chef.
on May 5, 2013
Nothing really special, but for beginners is ok. I think, the idea of making sausage yourself is to get product free of chemicals and it is not entirely the case reading the book. .Hard cover would be appreciated.