5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to cry tears of laughter...
I bought this book second hand. As an expectant mum, I thought it was okay. It only cost me a dollar, so I wasn't too worried. I reopen it two weeks after the birth of our baby and the humour came alive for me.
Published on Aug. 17 2010 by Listener

1.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't even get past the first few pages
This book really was not informative at all. I guess some people would say it's funny but I felt that it was overloaded with so much constant sarcasm that it became repetitive and annoying. Nothing, NOTHING, in the entire book was taken seriously which I felt made it lose it's credibility all together. I'm always looking for easy reads, but this was just a waste of time.
Published 4 months ago by Eugenia Triandos

1.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't even get past the first few pages, March 4 2014
This review is from: The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to cry tears of laughter..., Aug. 17 2010
It is full of inside jokes for new parents. Both me and my mother cried laughing at a few of Copeland's illustrations and comics. Laughter is just what new parents need and this sure delivers!
It helped me get started on my parenting journey with the right "don't worry, be happy" attitude rather than fussing the small stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laughs for new parents and parents-to-be, April 1 2004
I bought this book shortly after the birth of my first son. It was hilarious. I let my mom borrow it and she loved it as well. I'm keeping it because it's something I'll read again in the future, and laugh through all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars knee-slapping read for new parents, March 17 2004
By A Customer
I stumbled upon this book when my son was 2 months old - it provided some much needed laughter to counteract the grumpiness that can accompany sleepless nights with a new baby. I laughed so hard, my snorting practically woke up the baby! I definitely woke up my husband, who also found it hilarious. I also happen to be an OB/Gyn, and I loved this book so much that I sent a copy to all of my friends with young children and ordered several copies for my patients to read in the waiting room. However, we had to keep it out of the room where we do fetal monitoring as the moms laugh so much its hard to keep the babies on the monitor!

5.0 out of 5 stars much needed laughter, Feb. 12 2004
P. Boggs "Boggzilla" (Omaha, NE United States) - See all my reviews
Exactly what I needed after the first couple of weeks with my first baby. My husband & I read it together and shared it with friends. It made us feel good to see that others go through the same trials we're going through and gave us a glimpse of what we have to look forward to. I recommend this to all first time parents who need a good laugh and/or are wondering if they are doing everything right.

5.0 out of 5 stars laughter is good medicine, Sept. 26 2003
"kristinhowell" (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I thought this book was hilarious! It was so fun to read, and it felt good to be able to laugh about all the many trials of being a new mom. My husband has enjoyed it too, and we laughed hysterically at some of the things she wrote in there. This book is purely pleasure reading, which is much needed reading relief after studying all of the serious parenting books. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a good sense-of-humor and ability to laugh at themself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, July 14 2003
By A Customer
I already have a three year old, and I am expecting another, so I couldn't find a book with something that I didn't already have. I picked this book up because it was comic relief. It isn't particularly insighful or very informative, but I don't think its meant to be. I think she's just trying to give a new mother something to laugh about, which I did. The illustrations are cute, and some of the things in there are laugh out loud funny. I would recommend this if you are tired of all the other baby books and you want to smile for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little Lasting Value, June 10 2003
Michael Barr (Elkridge, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This book is an easy, entertaining read for a new parent. But once you've read it, there's not much value in keeping it around. With so many other pregnancy/first year books competing for space on our bookshelf we forwarded it on to a friend.

The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year
The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year by Cynthia L. Copeland (Paperback - April 7 2003)
CDN$ 12.95 CDN$ 11.66