5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference, not as scary as it's made out to be
First off, this is not a cover-to-cover read. That's common to the three pregnancy/parenting I currently own (including The Pregnancy Bible: Your Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Early Parenthood and Parenting For Dummies). Don't expect to find everything within pregnancy reference books to be relevant to your case.

That said, I noticed that a lot of reviews of...
Published on Jan. 13 2010 by L. Laushway

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had 'expected'
This book was very indepth, but didn't have a lot of info that isn't general knowledge anyway, it was great as far as straight information, but not a lot of tips/info on how to practically apply a lot of the knowledge, and not a lot of practical 'how-to's' for specific issues during pregnancy. Good to read through once but I wouldn't have purchased it. Most of the info...
Published on June 29 2010 by A. Grist

5.0 out of 5 stars great!!, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition (Paperback)
something every women expecting needs! it truely is a bible. refer to this book very often and compared to internet info and very accurate

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a guy, and I liked the book, Dec 31 2013
There's a section for guys, but I also tried to keep up with the weekly reading. There's a lot of important information in there for men as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars ansome book " What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition ", Oct. 27 2013
There is a lot of medical information, a lot of details about the baby development on every trimester. What to expect and common question.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for expecting parents, July 22 2013
Nice gift for our expecting daughter, She found a lot of great information in this book that helped her prepare for our granddaughters birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference, July 1 2013
I had been given mixed reviews from friends about this book, so I am very glad that I ignored them and tried it out for myself!

Granted, this book is very long, and can be very overwhelming if you let it be. I preferred to use it as a reference book; instead of reading it cover-to-cover, I looked up what I wanted to know when I needed to know it. I found the information very informative and reassuring, and I honestly felt I got better answers from this book than I did from my doctor!

I highly recommend this book to new Moms. The index is extensive, and you can easily find an answer to every worry you may come across during your nine-month journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Dec 11 2012
This is probably the most necessary book to have while you're pregnant! It covered just about everything I was wondering about plus more!

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, Aug. 20 2012
As a first time mom, I was freaking out about all the little things that I didn't know. (about the pregnancy and about the baby inside of me) It helped me to stay informed and to know what was coming next (i love knowing things in advance). I would highly recommend this to any of my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Info, May 10 2012
If you only plan on reading one book about pregnancy get this book. It has a section on everything you can think of but often gives info that is not useful and frequently gives generalized warnings that are over-cautious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I wasn't expecting this!, April 2 2008
This is a really great read. It has everything you ever wanted to know about pregnancy and were either too embarrssed or too shy to ask your doctor about! I loved the way it was divided into month by month and found just about everything I needed. I also go to it whenever I feel I need something explained. Terrific! I also liked another pregnancy book and would recommend it along with this one. It was called You Know You're Pregnant When. Reflections on the Longest Nine Months of My Life and it's a lighter and less serious.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great...., Oct. 30 2008
M. Trudelle (canada) - See all my reviews
The book has some useful information but there are much better pregnancy books in my opinion. Too alarming and very "medical model".

What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition
What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition by Heidi Murkoff (Paperback - April 10 2008)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68