5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT book for expectant mothers and fathers!
While every pregnancy is different, this book covers a lot of the most common things of what to expect. Super helpful as a first time expectant mother and father on the in's and out's from week to week in addition to labour and delivery, father issues and post-natal issues as well. Would recommend to all expectant mothers and fathers!
Published 1 month ago by Anon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had 'expected'
This book was very indepth, but didn't have a lot of info that isn't general knowledge anyway, it was great as far as straight information, but not a lot of tips/info on how to practically apply a lot of the knowledge, and not a lot of practical 'how-to's' for specific issues during pregnancy. Good to read through once but I wouldn't have purchased it. Most of the info...
Published on June 29 2010 by A. Grist

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a guy, and I liked the book, Dec 31 2013
This review is from: What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition (Paperback)
There's a section for guys, but I also tried to keep up with the weekly reading. There's a lot of important information in there for men as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars ansome book " What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition ", Oct. 27 2013
There is a lot of medical information, a lot of details about the baby development on every trimester. What to expect and common question.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for expecting parents, July 22 2013
Nice gift for our expecting daughter, She found a lot of great information in this book that helped her prepare for our granddaughters birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference, July 1 2013
I had been given mixed reviews from friends about this book, so I am very glad that I ignored them and tried it out for myself!

Granted, this book is very long, and can be very overwhelming if you let it be. I preferred to use it as a reference book; instead of reading it cover-to-cover, I looked up what I wanted to know when I needed to know it. I found the information very informative and reassuring, and I honestly felt I got better answers from this book than I did from my doctor!

I highly recommend this book to new Moms. The index is extensive, and you can easily find an answer to every worry you may come across during your nine-month journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Dec 11 2012
This is probably the most necessary book to have while you're pregnant! It covered just about everything I was wondering about plus more!

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, Aug. 20 2012
As a first time mom, I was freaking out about all the little things that I didn't know. (about the pregnancy and about the baby inside of me) It helped me to stay informed and to know what was coming next (i love knowing things in advance). I would highly recommend this to any of my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Info, May 10 2012
If you only plan on reading one book about pregnancy get this book. It has a section on everything you can think of but often gives info that is not useful and frequently gives generalized warnings that are over-cautious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I wasn't expecting this!, April 2 2008
This is a really great read. It has everything you ever wanted to know about pregnancy and were either too embarrssed or too shy to ask your doctor about! I loved the way it was divided into month by month and found just about everything I needed. I also go to it whenever I feel I need something explained. Terrific! I also liked another pregnancy book and would recommend it along with this one. It was called You Know You're Pregnant When. Reflections on the Longest Nine Months of My Life and it's a lighter and less serious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference, not as scary as it's made out to be, Jan. 13 2010
L. Laushway (Canada) - See all my reviews
First off, this is not a cover-to-cover read. That's common to the three pregnancy/parenting I currently own (including The Pregnancy Bible: Your Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Early Parenthood and Parenting For Dummies). Don't expect to find everything within pregnancy reference books to be relevant to your case.

That said, I noticed that a lot of reviews of this book were somewhat negative of the way that the information was presented. Specifically, most reviews I read here stated that this book raised anxieties about how the expectant mother was somehow permanently damaging her unborn child by doing common day-to-day activities. I found nothing in this reference book which said that anything I, or any other expectant mother, was doing was definitely causing harm to her fetus. One thing that this book makes very clear is that there are numerous possible risk factors involved when a fetus is developing, but that there's very little concrete evidence that any particular behaviour (obviously, smoking and drinking are highly discouraged) causes abnormalities. If the risk behaviours which this book raises are taken strictly as guidelines for how to keep a fetus healthy as it develops, there's nothing in here to cause an expectant mother anxiety.

So I personally found this the most useful pregnancy reference book I own, and have given it five stars. It delves a lot into fetal development, how to keep yourself and the baby healthy, and how pregnancy progresses. I thought it was great and plan on recommending it to the other expectant moms in my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Informative, March 22 2010
I am 4 months pregnant and this book has become my best friend. I find this book very informative and the advice is tempered. The author often stresses how each pregnancy differs and how you ultimately must do what's best for you - offering options etc... I have also been informing myself online and I have found that the information is pretty much the same across the board. It would be nice if they went into more details on certain areas like fitness & nutrition. However, for in depth perspective of what to expect, I think it's as good as you're going to get in one book.

ARRAY(0xfa3cf3c)

What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition
What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition by Heidi Murkoff (Paperback - April 10 2008)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68