5.0 out of 5 stars An easy-to-read and helpful book
Published on Jan. 13 2001 by angelaholleran

3.0 out of 5 stars A Few Good Lessons but Not Very Practical
The author over-simplifies the solution to making people like us to a few techniques based Neuro Linguistic Research theory. The reader is expected to evaluate a stranger based on that persons preferred type of sensory input and to react appropriately to it. This technique would seem of limited value given the many changing moods, predjudices, likes, dislikes and bias's...
Published on Jan. 8 2001 by Ron Wis

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy-to-read and helpful book, Jan. 13 2001
I read it last night and went to the mall today to try it out--amazing! My 9 year old daughter has always had difficulty looking at people when they speak to her and I realized she's definately an "Auditory" individual--turning her ear to people when they speak. I'm going to simplify the exercises and put them in "9-year-old" terminology to help her connect with people easier. Her assignment today was to find out what her teachers eye color is. Mr. Boothman should write a book for kids. I WISH I had know this stuff when I was young!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to how to make people like you, Feb. 8 2003
Khalid Alnaqbi (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a great book which can help make people like you in a very short time. I found it in a Book Exhibition, and decided to buy it since the title attracted me.
It's really useful when you learn how to attract attention of people which is very important in our daily life.
This book is concise, user-friendly and uses simple language for conveying the auther's message.
Part (1) is an introduction about the importance of the first impression. There is an old saying which is true most of the time (The first impression is the last impression.) All what you need is to adopt a positive attitude, make sure your words, tone, and gestures are in harmony, and use your gift in organizing your speech to maintain an attractive conversation by using open-ended questions to try to discover what the other person likes.
Part (2) focuses on the first 90 seconds for establishing a rapport. As Mr. Boothman said, the key to establish a rapport with people is to learn how to be like them.
Part (3) is talking about the secrets of interactions. I was amazed when I learned that some people rely on visual cues, others on auditory or kinesthetic (touch) input. You just should try to discover what the other person prefers and use it to your best advantage! After doing the exercise to determine my favorite sense, it came out to be (Visual)! The author gives us some exercises for determining the characteristics of the people whose favorable senses are visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
Keep in you mind that your reward at the end will be the acceptance of the other person for your personality.
However, I agree with some reviewers that there are few points which were not clarified in this book:
1. emphasizing on general appearance.
2. exploring coversational techniques.
3. overcoming shyness for some people.
4. speaking to more than 1 person.
In summary, I recommend this book for anybody who is interested in the "psychology" of how to give a good impression in 90 seconds or less!
Well done Mr. Boothman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - It Will Change Your Life!, Aug. 8 2009
This review is from: How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less (Paperback)
Take the advice in this book and you'll have much better encounters with everyone. You'll start to get what you want without having to hit that proverbial wall. Nicholas has put all the points into a nice short read. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Dec 1 2007
Jonathan Davies (Ottawa, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought myself a copy of this book a few years ago, and then quickly read it from cover to cover. It is one of the most helpful books I have ever read.

I have Asperger's, so I really needed to read a book like this much earlier in life. If I had, I would have gotten an idea of what is appropriate to do and say in what situation much earlier in life! Although this book is not geared specifically to those with Asperger's or those who are anywhere on the autism spectrum, it is as useful for them as it is for anybody else.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to make people like you in 90 seconds or less, April 5 2009
Bryan G. Keelan "bryan" (Peterborough, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is very popular for good reason. Under the somewhat flakey cover and title name, there is solid information, that was in my case, recommended to me by a highly qualifed person in the field. Easy to read, well worth the effort. Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, Dec 22 2002
R. Speizer "thebooktiger" (Reno, NV) - See all my reviews
This is indeed a book that can CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
As someone who always had trouble connecting with people this book showed me very specific methods to use to cause people to like and pay attention to me. To those of us who suffer from social interaction blindness, this is a manual on how to have people listen to you and like you. Simple things like pointing your heart at other peoples hearts, or mimicking their mannerisms really work. (I didn't believe it either, but I tried it and it worked!)
Buy this book and begin living. This may be useful for adults with Asperger's syndrome who may be out of touch with social interaction. The book is very practical, not a bunch of wishy-washy theory.

4.0 out of 5 stars This will make people like you, Dec 2 2002
Reggie Nickson (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I've decided that this book does in fact serve it's purpose - to make people like you. It starts by helping you connect better with people, & I really like the piece on determining if the person is auditory or visual (or kino). I used this as a good start, & later moved on to the more obvious: Fate & Reil's How to have sex with hot girls (without even dating them), & Louis & Copeland's How to succeed with women.

4.0 out of 5 stars For best results, read and read again, Jan. 4 2002
By A Customer
This book repeats what I've often read that every person controls his own attitude. I found Nicholas Boothman's ideas for getting people to open up and communicate both interesting and informative. However, to get the most out of this book, I would suggest reading it several times; easily done as it's only 171 pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Increased Sales will Follow reading this book!, Aug. 13 2001
Garth Riley (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have recently read your book! And simply put ..this information is user friendly and it works.
I am the Director of business development with an audio,lighting and staging company in Canada.Using this informaton made more sales for my company!
I have 2 stories to relate to you.
Story #1 Part of our operation involves a retail sector. I was watching our sales staff present our products , they were asking all the " Closing" questions but were failing to get the sale. They were talking but not connecting! I took one of the sales people aside and using Nick's teachings from his book I found out my sales rep. was an Auditory. Guess what? That is the way he was relating to the clients.
I pointed out that his clients were any one of 3 types of people. Visuals, Auditory, Kino(Touchy Feely Type). I taught him a quick lesson on how to determine which they were. Then I told him to communicate with them in a way they like to process the information.
If they were visual he would show them something...If they were auditory he would let them listen to it...and if the were a "Kino" he would talk about how this would make them feel. Results were INSTANT increased Sales!
Story #2
I was asked by a major Canadian corporation to assist senior management with presentation techniques. I took the teachings of Nick to the boardroom. I helped them construct a presentation that would cover all the various "types" of people that would be the target audience. The result was out standing! All the presenters who listend and practiced were complimented on a job well done. And for all my hard work I secured yet another client for our company.
This book will help business people turn a transaction into an Interaction.....That means RAPPORT! That means increased sales. Bravo!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time, Aug. 5 2001
Majik P (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
There is so much banal and trite information in this book. Its stuff you already know about. For example about simple body language and establishing rapport. The chapters are so small that all he ever talks about is why its important to establish such skills.Duh! thats why poeple bought this book. He does very ver little to say what needs to be done to establish this skill.

ARRAY(0xb3b3699c)

How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less
How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less by Nicholas Boothman (Paperback - July 2 2008)
CDN$ 15.50 CDN$ 11.19