5.0 out of 5 stars Win Win Win
This is a book of advice, not gospel. There are three ways to look at each piece of advice as you read this book, all positive:

1. Something new that you regard as a good idea and try to incorporate into your parenting style.
2. Something that you already know and do, but isn't it nice to have it confirmed?!
3. Something that you disagree with, but...
Published on Sept. 28 2010 by Devoted Dad

3.0 out of 5 stars Has lots of info, but missing lots as well
So far, when an issue comes up and I look in this book for some advice, the majority of suggestions are obvious, and I've already tried and they weren't enough. I was hoping for more from this book.

Published 18 months ago by Ahni

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Win Win Win, Sept. 28 2010
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)

3. Something that you disagree with, but can spark a great conversation with your spouse or other parents about why you think it's a bad idea, and how it should be done differently. Nothing wrong with good conversation about parenting.

I am grateful for having read this book as my first daughter grew over her first year. It is important that parents are critical of their own skills, and this book helps the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, Feb. 13 2013
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
Started reading, has the info I was looking for. Was shipped quickly, great new condition... again why must I write a novel about this product?

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy this book for all my new mom friends!, March 17 2013
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
This book was invaluable in diagnosing my son with reflux. The sickness lists at the back alone are worth the cost of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A big help for first time parent, Dec 17 2012
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
The book tells you the milestones the baby may reach each month. Also it has lots of answers to the questions you may have. My baby is three month old now. I found answers to most of my questions in this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has lots of info, but missing lots as well, Aug. 24 2013
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)

If you don't want to do any other research, this book will help bring you from zero knowledge to a level adequate to take care of a baby, but if you read mothering blogs in preparation for the first year, your knowledge is probably already beyond the level of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Sept. 1 2013
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
All of the "What to Expect" books are wonderful. You can not go wrong with any of them. They are right on target with all the developmental stages. Easy to read and lots of different resources at the back. Good gift idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to expect the first year, Dec 3 2012
18 years ago I bought and read the complete series and loved it. It is informative and easy to read and consult. Now I have rebought the series for my granddaughter's birth...and loving it all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, Oct. 30 2013
Like the first book in the series, it really helps to know what to expect. It doesn't come across as black and white. Sometimes it's a little repetitive with the what you can expect at this stage, but hey they're covering their bases as baby vary in their development!

2.0 out of 5 stars anti-breastfeeding bias, May 16 2012
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
I must say I find it surprising that a book geared towards parenting in the 21st century (north America) is so anti-breastfeeding in its overall rhetoric (especially after the first year of life). The associations between nursing and destructive, addictive behavior is particularly unsettling. I would say that were I formula feeding my baby this book would be a better pick, but their position on extended breastfeeding (beyond a year...I mean really??) makes me suspicious of an outdated position on other matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, Jan. 13 2012
This review is from: What to Expect the First Year (Paperback)
I am really enjoying this book. Am still working my way through it and like the information provided. Really helpful to new parents.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

What to Expect the First Year
What to Expect the First Year by Sandee Hathaway (Paperback - Oct. 8 2008)
CDN$ 21.50 CDN$ 17.20
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available