5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book
I highly recommend this book to any curly girl! My curls have never been healthier since I read this and started taking her advice to heart. Love the homemade haircare recipes too. :)
Published on Nov. 2 2011 by CherubCurls

3.0 out of 5 stars curlyfussed
Published 17 months ago by Carla Chen Shue

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, Nov. 2 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for curly hair!, June 21 2012
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
This book is essential for anyone with curly hair. It even teaches you how up cut your pen hair!!!! I am not a hair stylist but I managed to cut my sisters hair and it turned out great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book for anyone with curly hair!!, July 19 2012
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
This book is a must have for anyone with curly hair! It's changed my hair so much! I never use sulfate products any longer or alcohol based products.

3.0 out of 5 stars curlyfussed, July 13 2013
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
I purchased this book on the recommendation of someone else. I am a women of color, and the recommendation actually came from a women of color. I can honestly say I am not please with the purchase. The book comprises of 16 chapters, and only one is dedicated to black hair. The book tries to insinuate that curly hair is a universal problem. I read the book, from back to front three times, and found only a few steps to follow for my hair. I would suggest women of color stick to books, that are written by women of color. Someone who actually know the problems of this hair type and texture. This book did a good job of explaining the different types of curl for Caucasian women, but I could not relate. One chapter was not enough for me. I ended up with more questions then answers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, Oct. 30 2014
Very helpful book. I'm still not 100 percent certain on how to deal with my hair because it can range from slightly wavy to really wavy to actually somewhat curly with oily roots and dry ends... and I'm not a fan of putting gel/mousse in my hair. Despite that though, this book really helps us girls who don't have poker straight hair realize that we aren't alone and that there are certain ways to treat/style our hair that can help our naturally curly hair come out looking more beautiful and healthy. I think the most important lesson I learned from this book is to really not try to fight with your hair type. You have to love and accept it because it's part of who you are. I definitely recommend this book to anyone with wavy/curly hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars I learned a lot, June 13 2013
Great information. I am pleased with this purchase. The tips in his book work well. My curls are frizz free and bouncy as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this book been all my life?!!!, March 16 2013
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
This book is amazing! I wish that I had discovered it years ago! My hair has immediately improved with the techniques given. I am lending it to all my curly-haired girlfriends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless information for Natural Curl, March 11 2013
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
It sounds like one of the authors, Lorraine Massey, has my exact type of hair ! The fashion magazines rarely give advice on how to care for curls. They only tell you how to straighten it.
Local hair stylists in my hometown were just as bad. They don't like curly hair and want to straighten it or cut it short.
If you want to keep your hair healthy, maybe grow it out a bit without damage, follow the CG Method in this book. I stopped using regular shampoo long ago and I never run a brush through my hair, both too damaging for a type 3a-3b curly girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars right on, Nov. 21 2012
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
This is very interesting. I though I knew everything about curly hair but I didn't. Thanks a lot for this very good information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Curly Girls, Oct. 29 2012
This review is from: Curly Girl: The Handbook (Paperback)
I have finally learnt to love my curls after 49 years and no longer wish for straight hair. Try the shampoo and conditioner you'll love it!

Curly Girl: The Handbook
Curly Girl: The Handbook by Deborah Chiel (Paperback - Jan. 13 2011)
CDN$ 17.95 CDN$ 12.96