4.0 out of 5 stars You want it? You asked for it.
If you're looking for a book to lead you to thinness while eating cheeseburgers, pop, and all your favorite junkfoods... If you're looking for a book that explains why it's not your fault you're fat... If you're looking for a simple solution to your weight problem... this book is not for you. If, however, you are interested in learning the facts about a way of eating...
Published on April 6 2007 by A. Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars good marketing but not a good read
I'm interested in fitness and health but this book doesn't promote a sensible way of eating, in my opinion, though the marketing for it is phenomenal, hats off to the promoters. Wish the book was as good as the hype.
Published 2 months ago by Kenna McKinnon

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful read, July 15 2013
The first 10 pages are good. The rest is to promote soy, and bash milk and protein. Don't waste your time or money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy Unless You are or Want to be Vegan, Sept. 10 2007
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I purchased this book after reading the back cover and the first few pages of the book at my local bookstore. It was funny, sarcastic, and written in a very conversational manner. It wasn't until the fourth or fifth chapter that the true basis behind the "skinny bitch" diet was revealed - in the opinion of the authors, the only way to lose weight and be healthy was to completely stop consuming any and all animal products including meat, fish, poultry, dairy and dairy/poultry products. The authors vividly describe what they believe to happen in slaughter houses and how animals are mistreated and consuming animal products is bad, bad, bad.

As with many diet plans, this one could very well work but you deserve to know prior to buying the book that it is all about living a vegan lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the best wake-up call that everyone in North America should consider, Jan. 18 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I read this book expecting it to be just another one of those diet books. I had heard from somebody that it was the best diet book she had ever read. I wasn't interested in a whole body makeover, I just wanted to maintain a healthy weight. When I started reading the book, I quickly realized that it was more than a ridiculous diet book. It was a wake-up call and I was ready to answer it. The information revealed is INCREDIBLE. A lot of people might chose to be ignorant and disregard it, but if we want to change the poor state of the "health" of North Americans, we have to start believing. It exposes the truth about our screwed up food industry and all the organizations that are so determined to hide the truth about the crap we put in our bodies. After reading this book, I started doing some additional research about organic foods, OGM's, factory farms, veganism, vegetarianism and once again, I was blown away by the information that I managed to find. It's out there, you just need and open mind. I have been maintaining a vegetarian diet for a year and my body has gotten leaner, stronger and gaining weight is just simply not an issue anymore. Get the book, it will change your life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, May 31 2012
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Although I enjoyed the tone of the book and had a few chuckles. Allow me to sum up the book for you: Go vegan and eat organic. That is the only message that came through (that and some of the graphic images of animal cruelty that I can't seem to shake).

2.0 out of 5 stars So so, Aug. 18 2010
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I'm already a vegan (10+ years). For me the book weighed too much on the animal rights side and not enough on the healthy lifestyle side. There wasn't a lot of practical go-to stuff included in the book (though the meal plan is nice). Rather, there are a lot of lists of what is in non-vegan food/processed food that will make you sick. They are meant to shock, but my eyes tended to glaze over them--It was like reading long lists of names in the bible, "and hydrogenated oil begat trans fat, and trans fat begat casin, and casin begat refined sugar." It was kind of boring.

I was disappointed by the focus of the book. Not the motivating, practical, tough-talk guide I thought it would be. I probably won't be picking up any of the other books.

That said, it was a super quick read. If you're looking for motivation to go vegan, maybe it will work for you. But, if you're already a vegan it will probably just be old news.

5.0 out of 5 stars No-Nonsense Indeed!, March 28 2008
Charlene Pyper "cucco_cojiro" (Alliston ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I love this book. Its witty, in your face attitude kept me hooked from beginning to end. The authors are not afraid to tell it like it is, plus they use sources to back up their info (unlike many other diet books). Sometimes they make you feel like an idiot: "Of course milk makes you fat! Milk turns a 90lb calf into a 450lb cow! Duh!" And the recommended food list is very helpful. Not only will you become skinny, you will be healthy as well! For more reading on how foods affect your health, get 'The China Study'. For more reading on the meat industry, get 'Slaughterhouse' or 'The Food Revolution'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious yet informative!, Feb. 18 2006
H. Bellock "nutrition junkie" (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I bought this book because it is frank, honest, and outright funny! It's a rare thing for me to be laughing OUT LOUD as I peruse the bookstore, but this book is a great read. Yes it has some harsh facts about cutting through the crap that is considered a "normal" diet. But in this day and age, we all know that normal is overweight and/or unhealthy- so frankly I am glad to break from conformity! I have to say the biggest point this book can stress is the whole NO DAIRY attitude. What most people (myself included) don't know that there are substitutes for milk, ice cream, etc that taste absolutly GREAT! (fake butter better than REAL butter!) And you will freak out at how much better you feel and look if you get that garbage out of your system, it is truly amazing! Your skinny jeans become your every day jeans, if that isn't reason enough to give it a go! Even if you just read this book for the comic relief, it is well worth your time and hopefully some of their ideas will "click" with you to make positive changes in your life and health. Happy reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by the title, Aug. 27 2007
Saya "Kaijin" (Anjou, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This book has a silly name and is clearly more marketable towards women, but I honestly think that everyone should read this book. Even if you don't conform to their way of life (mainly vegetarian and organic) it's okay, as long as you are well informed of what you are putting into your mouth. You may start to think twice about it. It's easy to understand and funny most of the time which doesn't make it seem like you are reading a diet book. It's rather short but to the point, no beating around the bush, so you know what they recommend you eat. I've gradually give up meat and let me tell you when you have the options we have today, you don't really miss it. It's a very informative book that everyone should read. And yes, milk does produce mucus (which is why singers don't drink it). It's narrow-minded to completely write off this book, and if you doubt their facts, do some of your own research. Are you willing to sacrifice your health because you want to look the other way and refuse to acknowledge potential dangers you use to assume (or were told) were safe. I'm certainly not going to play games or take chances with my health.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Nutritional book EVER!!!, Feb. 20 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This book was a complete waste of time and money. Very narrow minded advise. Would not recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, and truthful. Loved it!, Feb. 20 2009
S. Lindley (Toronto, Ont) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Peppered with profanity and blunt. Filled with honesty stated the way a best friend, who is sick of hearing you complain about your body, would state it. I laughed my head off!
Actual facts about food! No lies, or ulterior motives, just the facts and evidence. I could see how this would be a hard read for someone who loves their daily dose of animal flesh, but sorry, being vegan works, which they prove. I did however, have to skip a few pages of meat and dairy details that i am already aware of. Yuck.
I went vegan a year and a half ago and after a seven year battle with fat, depression, and constipation so bad doctors were stumped, and the results were, daily 'movements' that had me wanting to high five strangers, and a twenty pound weight loss that had me so energized, happy and active that i wanted to wear bikinis to work and jog home. I ate more food than ever before in my life and finally learned to really cook (leaving a brick of meat in the oven for an hour isn't cooking, girls). There's billions of vegan recipes out there! Yum!
This book should be in schools. It'd of saved me years of yo-yoing with meat and dairy, and constant sickness and body issues. And no, i'm not a granola eating hippy (not that there's a thing wrong with that) or a whimpy anemic mess. I am strong and all smiles. I'm no different than these two wonderful, straight talking authors. THANK YOU!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Skinny Bitch
Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman (Paperback - Dec 27 2005)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79