4.0 out of 5 stars You want it? You asked for it.
If you're looking for a book to lead you to thinness while eating cheeseburgers, pop, and all your favorite junkfoods... If you're looking for a book that explains why it's not your fault you're fat... If you're looking for a simple solution to your weight problem... this book is not for you. If, however, you are interested in learning the facts about a way of eating...
Published on April 6 2007 by A. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Believe every word...
I bought this for my best friend and ended up reading it myself first! Yes, I was surprised by HOW harsh the language was and I had no idea it was geared toward a vegan lifestyle when I picked it up, but I had no choice but to agree with what was written. The girls go a little over the top with their aggressiveness but one could also call them 'zealous'. They give lots...
Published on May 25 2009 by R. Paulsen

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 25 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This is a funny approach to reality. I like how it made me laugh at the truth. I will definitely share this book out with family, enjoy

2.0 out of 5 stars So so, Aug. 18 2010
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I'm already a vegan (10+ years). For me the book weighed too much on the animal rights side and not enough on the healthy lifestyle side. There wasn't a lot of practical go-to stuff included in the book (though the meal plan is nice). Rather, there are a lot of lists of what is in non-vegan food/processed food that will make you sick. They are meant to shock, but my eyes tended to glaze over them--It was like reading long lists of names in the bible, "and hydrogenated oil begat trans fat, and trans fat begat casin, and casin begat refined sugar." It was kind of boring.

I was disappointed by the focus of the book. Not the motivating, practical, tough-talk guide I thought it would be. I probably won't be picking up any of the other books.

That said, it was a super quick read. If you're looking for motivation to go vegan, maybe it will work for you. But, if you're already a vegan it will probably just be old news.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the best wake-up call that everyone in North America should consider, Jan. 18 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I read this book expecting it to be just another one of those diet books. I had heard from somebody that it was the best diet book she had ever read. I wasn't interested in a whole body makeover, I just wanted to maintain a healthy weight. When I started reading the book, I quickly realized that it was more than a ridiculous diet book. It was a wake-up call and I was ready to answer it. The information revealed is INCREDIBLE. A lot of people might chose to be ignorant and disregard it, but if we want to change the poor state of the "health" of North Americans, we have to start believing. It exposes the truth about our screwed up food industry and all the organizations that are so determined to hide the truth about the crap we put in our bodies. After reading this book, I started doing some additional research about organic foods, OGM's, factory farms, veganism, vegetarianism and once again, I was blown away by the information that I managed to find. It's out there, you just need and open mind. I have been maintaining a vegetarian diet for a year and my body has gotten leaner, stronger and gaining weight is just simply not an issue anymore. Get the book, it will change your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not For Everyone, June 21 2007
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This is a book for women who want to lose weight. Its catch is that it uses 'straight talk' to convey its ideas about how to lose weight. Do not buy this book if you are offended by profanity, which is abundant in the book. I can't really say that this is a 'diet' book, rather it is more of a diet 'method' book which teaches you what and what not to do and you go from there.

The book starts out by telling you quite bluntly (which is the tone of the whole book) what you need to give up, such as smoking and soda. A large part of the book is devoted to telling the reader what to eat and what not to eat. It covers areas such as carbs, sugars, meats, protein, etc. Some of the ideas can come across a bit controversial at times, but the authors do cite their sources which they are to be commended for doing. The book also contains a pretty big list of foods that are okay to buy in case you get confused. All-in-all its an easy to read book that is fairly short and easy to follow. However, the tone of the book will not appeal to everyone. Also recommend The Sixty-Second Motivator as dietary changes are useless unless you're motivated to stick with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough love, No-Nonsense Look at Food, Jan. 31 2006
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Too often, in the diet and nutrition section of a bookstore, we are faced with a barrage of fluffy books, based around the latest diet fad on Oprah, and pawning on peoples desperation to slim down that they will buy anything to try for 5 minutes.
This book isn't like that.
When I first bought the book I wasn't sure what I was in for. All I knew is that I had a bit of weight to lose and I needed some tough love. I didn't want a fad diet and this book didn't gove off thevibe of being at all about a fad. What I wasn't expecting was an empassioned manifesto on the virtures of plant-based eating and the cruelties of factory farming. Truly - this book opened my eyes. It has also shrunken my waistline. By applying what this book told me, I have lost almost 5 inches off my waist in 3 weeks and am still going. This book introduced me to the harsh realities of what I was eating and WHY I had gained so much weight in such a short time after adding poultry and fish and leaving 7 years of ovo-lacto vegetarianism. I'm back to Ovo-Lacto again and am working on becoming a full vegan.
The book is both strikingly sharp and hilariously funny. They are very serious when it comes to what is happening int he world, but you can feel their light-hearted take on life. It feels real as you are reading and the authours are not trying to fill you with fluff. They don't tell you you can eat junk and still lose weight. They don't encourage you to eat nothing but protien and they tell you what doing so will do to your liver. It is sharp. It is insightful. It is real.
I have since read books like "Fast Food Nation" and "Diet for a New America". These have only further shown me that I am on the right track and have made a choice that benefits my body AND the earth. After all - the earth is only ours to borrow for a short time - we should do everything we can to protect it for our future generations.
Skinny Bitch has given me the strength to start on my journey to health and fitness. If you are ready to open your mind and your eyes, it can do the same for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I looooooved this book. It was hilarious! it ..., March 17 2015
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I looooooved this book. It was hilarious! it was well researched and opened my eyes to the cruelty in egg, dairy & meat industries.
Please read this book!! it will change your life!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy Unless You are or Want to be Vegan, Sept. 10 2007
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I purchased this book after reading the back cover and the first few pages of the book at my local bookstore. It was funny, sarcastic, and written in a very conversational manner. It wasn't until the fourth or fifth chapter that the true basis behind the "skinny bitch" diet was revealed - in the opinion of the authors, the only way to lose weight and be healthy was to completely stop consuming any and all animal products including meat, fish, poultry, dairy and dairy/poultry products. The authors vividly describe what they believe to happen in slaughter houses and how animals are mistreated and consuming animal products is bad, bad, bad.

As with many diet plans, this one could very well work but you deserve to know prior to buying the book that it is all about living a vegan lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars No-Nonsense Indeed!, March 28 2008
Charlene Pyper "cucco_cojiro" (Alliston ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I love this book. Its witty, in your face attitude kept me hooked from beginning to end. The authors are not afraid to tell it like it is, plus they use sources to back up their info (unlike many other diet books). Sometimes they make you feel like an idiot: "Of course milk makes you fat! Milk turns a 90lb calf into a 450lb cow! Duh!" And the recommended food list is very helpful. Not only will you become skinny, you will be healthy as well! For more reading on how foods affect your health, get 'The China Study'. For more reading on the meat industry, get 'Slaughterhouse' or 'The Food Revolution'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 19 2014
Great book, great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivational Book, Dec 23 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This book tells it like it is, good read. I wouldn't mind checking out the cook books from this series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Skinny Bitch
Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman (Paperback - Dec 27 2005)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79