5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my eating habits forever.
Cutting to the chase: This book is a push for veganism, citing the utter cruelty of slaughterhouses and the health dangers of meat and dairy products, as well as processed foods in general.

Published on Aug. 5 2010 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars Believe every word...
Published on May 25 2009 by R. Paulsen

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my eating habits forever., Aug. 5 2010
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)

Until last week I was a meat eater - I bought the book on a short haul flight and by the end of the plane journey has committed to becoming a vegetarian. A few months ago I had watched a documentary on slaughterhouses which had disgusted me to the core, but this book showed me that what I had seen on that film was actually standard, to-code practice, and the realities were even worse than I had seen. I spent a week on holiday, a time I had given myself to enjoy meat for the last time after resolving not to eat the stuff anymore, only to find that when I did eat it, images and facts from Skinny Bitch really prevented me from enjoying it.

My motivation for buying this book was to lose weight. Now there are lots of bits in this book which were common knowledge, but reading them all at once and having your brain factually bombarded somehow made all the things I sort of already knew really set in, and forced me to seriously evaluate what I was putting in my body and why (ie. soda). The writing style is funny, as long as you're not easily offended by profanities, and the book doesn't over-simplify key topics.

I'd recommend this book wholeheartedly, and this is from someone who was neither a vegan nor a vegetarian! Even if you don't decide to become a veggie after reading this book, at least you will be armed with more knowledge than you had going in. My partner is currently reading my copy of the book, then it's off to my friend who has shown strong interest in reading it too.

If you're looking even slightly for a lifestyle change, or just know that what you are doing now doesn't feel quite right, as I felt, then try reading Skinny Bitch. It might just change your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars You want it? You asked for it., April 6 2007
A. Harris (Winnipeg, MB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
If you're looking for a book to lead you to thinness while eating cheeseburgers, pop, and all your favorite junkfoods... If you're looking for a book that explains why it's not your fault you're fat... If you're looking for a simple solution to your weight problem... this book is not for you. If, however, you are interested in learning the facts about a way of eating that leads to optimal health and a fabulous figure, READ IT. Keep in mind (and this goes for you haters out there and those with thin skin): While you can't judge a book by it's cover, with a title like "Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous," you can be confident that the contents of that book aren't a candy-coated cake-walk to thinness. Prepare yourself for some harsh truth. You asked for the tough-love, and you're gonna get it. (And for the record, it works!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of my diet make-over..., Oct. 21 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I've lost weight, become less 'puffy' and inflamed, have FAR more energy and I have Multiple Sclerosis (for 14 years), eating this way has completely gotten rid of my symptoms. This was the first book I read on the tone of high nutrient eating and it's an upbeat but sometimes hard to look at view of what's in our food these days and the reasons why it's not healthy. I continued to read books in this stream and now all I have to do is remember why cupcakes (an example) aren't good for my body and I manage to avoid such foods most of the time. I've found new favorite foods. If you're looking for an read about upping your protein and lowering your carbs, this isn't it. If you want to consider or have already decided to embark on a NUTRIENT DENSE eating path, I think this book should be on your reading list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Newly Vegan and Looking For A Kick In The A$$?, Jan. 11 2013
Jhuzen Ketsugo "Ketsy Baby" (Toronto, On CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was already on the road to going vegan when I picked up this title, so I had some idea what was in store. I knew that it was about cutting out the crap food and going for the nutrition. If you are interested in becoming a vegan and want a wake-up to motivate you further, then this is a good read for you. Some of the nutrition information was really helpful, but yes, there is a lot of impetus to go organic vegan. This does not mean that there is nothing for you to eat, there is in fact "everything else" but animal products to eat, and that is a lot.

If you are not looking for a vegan diet, then I would say skip this title, there are other diet plans for you. This is a book about a lifestyle change and a paradigm shift. Changing your world view to change the way you treat your own body. It may not be for everyone, but I found it refreshing and bold.

Kindle Edition Note: There are some serious flaws in the Kindle edition, such as repeating parts of sentences and apparently split apart chapters, so consider that before picking up this version. It didn't bother me too much, but some people will find it confusing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Believe every word..., May 25 2009
R. Paulsen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I bought this for my best friend and ended up reading it myself first! Yes, I was surprised by HOW harsh the language was and I had no idea it was geared toward a vegan lifestyle when I picked it up, but I had no choice but to agree with what was written. The girls go a little over the top with their aggressiveness but one could also call them 'zealous'. They give lots of options for eating meat alternatives. #Although, why do we need meat 'alternatives' when meat is unnatural to eat in the first place?# We are given some really good food for thought that should make us re-examine what we are putting into the bodies that we were given. And yes, they also emphasize an active lifestyle in addition to healthy eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars I looooooved this book. It was hilarious! it ..., March 17 2015
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I looooooved this book. It was hilarious! it was well researched and opened my eyes to the cruelty in egg, dairy & meat industries.
Please read this book!! it will change your life!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, Dec 10 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
When i started reading this book, i was really excited. The information was great and it was given in a way that was easy to digest. Some of the stuff was very detailed; you could tell that they definitely did their homework! The only thing i didnt like was that for vegan foods, they were promoting a lot of processed stuff. So, things that really shouldnt be eaten on a regular basis. If you're looking for a book that can help you with really eating healthy, this will give you the info, but you also have to buy something else too.
All in all, a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Sept. 5 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I love reading it...read it o the end

Love it!!!! I found it very hard to put it down, I still have a hard time finding another book like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tells it like it is, May 26 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
These girls tell it exactly as it is with no hesitation. When it comes to eating healthy, that's what I need. You can't get much easier than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life!, Sept. 10 2010
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This book is amazing! As the authors note in their book - it's not about being skinny, but about being healthy and feeling good. The title is a great way to catch people's attention. Who would pick it up if it reads "guide to healthy living" ---BORING :-) This book is very informative, honest and easy to follow.
I feel great, I look great and I am much more mindful about my environment. I HIGHLY recommend this book. Thanks to Rory and Kim for writing this book!!!

Skinny Bitch
Skinny Bitch by Kim Barnouin (Hardcover - Dec 6 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1,079.28