5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward & Eye Opening
Published on Jan. 4 2009 by K. York

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!
I bought these books because I wanted to learn how to cook without meat and without starving.

These books incorporate a lot of tofu in their recipes and I hate that stuff. It tastes like ass.
Published 12 months ago by Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward & Eye Opening, Jan. 4 2009
K. York "Kate" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch in a Box: Skinny Bitch/ Skinny Bitch in the Kitch (Hardcover)
Skinny Bitch is not for the faint of heart, it is a blunt, eye-opening look into the world of fattening animal products. Yes, meat, eggs, and dairy and the process by which they go from the farm to your table are all explained in detail, so if you are ready to find out the truth about the food you shove in your face, read it! I no longer eat animal products and am SO thankful to have found this book!

It does promote veganism (consumption of zero animal products), just as a heads up. After reading it though, I can't imagine wanting to continue consuming animals or animal bi-products.

The cook book is also pretty good, with catchy names and interesting sounding recipes. It's not as complete as a few other vegan cookbooks I've recently purchased, but it's small enough to take with me when I'm not at home.

The only thing I disagree with is their idea of eating a meal and then waiting until you're almost ravenous before eating your next meal, to be sure that your previous meal is well-digested. As many of us have probably heard, waiting too long to eat can lead to over-consumption at your next meal, so I take that piece of advice with a grain of salt. Overall, great book and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, May 4 2009
Veronique Labonte "Vero" (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
If you're ready to get your butt slapped, then get this! Talk about getting down to business and telling it like it is! Just great information, down to earth talk and also made me laugh. Haven't tried the receipe book yet but soon will! They convinced me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lays it all out!, March 1 2011
After watching the documentary "Earthlings", my husband and I embarked on a life-style change. Going Vegetarian and transitioning to Vegan I found Skinny Bitch helped the process. It was also a nice reminder from time to time why we chose this life-style change when temptation was getting to the better of us (throughout detoxing all the junk out of our diets!)

They were straight to the point but full of knowledge and facts. The recipes are super easy and super tasty! Even the most skeptical family members LOVE when I cook vegan for them!

This is a great addition to the book case...and as long as you don't offend easily, this is a great read. Even if you offend easily, it's not ment to offend...so give it a try anyway, I think you'll be glad you did in the long run =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!, Nov. 26 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Jan. 21 2014
Not what I expected. Seemed opened when I received it. Not so etching that I would recommend to friends or family.

5.0 out of 5 stars In your FACE FACTS love it..., June 21 2013
Fantastic you can't hide from the truth in this book.
Bitch in the Kitch I made a couple of recipes love it really simple and delicious.

1.0 out of 5 stars vegan propaganda, Nov. 8 2009
Pauline Rybka "xpm" (Cold, Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
If I had wanted vegan/PETA propaganda instead of a healthy eating book, this book would be great. As it is, I felt ambushed by the vegan agenda that could have been straight out of PETA's policy & procedure manual. An utter waste of money, not to mention it raised my blood pressure to dangerously high levels.

Skinny Bitch in a Box: Skinny Bitch/ Skinny Bitch in the Kitch
Skinny Bitch in a Box: Skinny Bitch/ Skinny Bitch in the Kitch by Kim Barnouin (Hardcover - June 10 2008)
CDN$ 37.95 CDN$ 23.91