5.0 out of 5 stars Kim does it again! Fantastic book!
Published on Jan. 23 2011 by Rebecca

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugghhh
There are some great recipies in here - and I will use many of them. The notes are obnoxious so I ended up skipping over all of the non-recipe writing. I havent eaten meat in over 20 years so I didnt need convincing but if I had, this wouldnt have done it!
Published on July 15 2012 by CJC

5.0 out of 5 stars Kim does it again! Fantastic book!, Jan. 23 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook: Crazy Delicious Recipes that Are Good to the Earth and Great for Your Bod (Hardcover)
I was excited to buy this book because I already owned the original Skinny Bitch and I absolutely loved it. There were quite a few differences between the two books. There are actually pictures of the recipes, there are mini-articles about health breakthroughs, etc. It is not a waste of money to get both of them. This one is a little more mild, the way that the author presents the information is not as much "in your face" as the original. I am very pleased with this book. There are a lot of delicious recipes, and they seem to always turn out very well. I have already made 6 and they are all very tasty! You will not be disappointed, if you liked the first one, you will LOVE this one! If you didn't like the first one, you will LOVE this one!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugghhh, July 15 2012
CJC (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed recipes, Jan. 17 2015
As a vegan I enjoy trying new recipes so I looked forward to what Kim had to offer in this book. After trying her recipes I can safely conclude that you will be a skinny bitch after getting her book because the recipes are so bad, you won't be eating the food and naturally feel rather cranky as a result.

The introduction in the book is great, I find no fault in it. I found it funny, uplifting and informative (hence the 2 stars instead of 1) but the recipes are, well... just plain awful.

This book was either not edited properly or the recipes were not thoroughly tested by others. The recipes are poorly constructed with headers above the recipes giving tantalizing descriptions of what we can find in the recipe only to not find some of those ingredients anywhere in that recipe. Really?

The veggie calzone recipe was especially bad. I don't know how many people who would spend 20+ minutes cooking a sauce for a calzone only to add it to overcooked vegetables (her time guidelines, not mine) only to have the resulting dish 40 minutes later (not including prep time) taste bitter, be super mushy inside and not be filling in the slightest (in my case not at all, since I had to throw it in the garbage!).

Serving sizes are confusing and I don't quite understand what they are based on when a recipe makes 4 calzones but states that it serves 6.... not sure about that.

As I say, poorly constructed, not edited properly and a waste of time in my opinion.

If you want "skinny" vegan recipes you'd be better off with recipes by either Rip or Caldwell Esselstyn. If you want lot's of spice and flavour check out Isa Chandra Moskowitz's books, and if you want simple but satisfying dishes I recommend the Oh She Glows cookbook and stay away from this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, April 26 2013
Carol Anderson (Sidney, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is fun, beautifully bound and has lots of great, imaginative recipes. A good compliment to the vegan kitchen.