5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, Dec 19 2010
pud (white rock, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book. After watching 2 recent movies about Coco (one with Audrey Tatou and the other with Shirley McLaine) I was aware of much of Coco's life story, but this author brings many extra interesting stories and opinions about her life. It discusses frankly her relationship with a Nazi, her rivalry with other fashion houses and her own philosophy about elegance and luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, Fun and a great read!, July 25 2010
This book was such a surprising easy, good read. I could not put it down! I laughed many times! I also felt inspired by the author's description of this great lady who grew into being "Coco Chanel". Chanel's strengths and weaknesses are presented in a light and breezy way that doesn't take anything away from what Mademoiselle accomplished, but doesn't make her out to be a better person than she was either. If you want a clear summary of the life and times of Coco Chanel, plus an overview of what made Chanel fashion, style, elegance and luxury READ THIS BOOK!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, March 20 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Good reading on Coco Chanel. It's amazing the influence she has on the fashions we wear today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly informative!, Feb. 18 2013
This review is from: Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons From The World's Most Elegant Woman (Paperback)
I smugly thought, I knew quite a lot about Chanel and her life, having read many books, and having seen movies, about her as well. She was in my view a fascinating, elusive woman. I found this book well researched, fun to read, and informative. I learned a great deal more about her, and it provided me with a better appreciation, for what a creative genious, she really was. Bravo!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and educational book to read., Jan. 6 2013
This was an enjoyable book to read. It was entertaining while educating on Coco Chanel's life and personality. I think both men and women would enjoy the book for its social and business content. The author provides the material from the viewpoint of today while filling us in on the era of Coco Chanel. I would recommend the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love. For the fashion and business savvy, Nov. 18 2014
Love.
For the fashion and business savvy.
Well written.