biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

on December 19, 2010
I really enjoyed this book. After watching 2 recent movies about Coco (one with Audrey Tatou and the other with Shirley McLaine) I was aware of much of Coco's life story, but this author brings many extra interesting stories and opinions about her life. It discusses frankly her relationship with a Nazi, her rivalry with other fashion houses and her own philosophy about elegance and luxury.
on July 25, 2010
This book was such a surprising easy, good read. I could not put it down! I laughed many times! I also felt inspired by the author's description of this great lady who grew into being "Coco Chanel". Chanel's strengths and weaknesses are presented in a light and breezy way that doesn't take anything away from what Mademoiselle accomplished, but doesn't make her out to be a better person than she was either. If you want a clear summary of the life and times of Coco Chanel, plus an overview of what made Chanel fashion, style, elegance and luxury READ THIS BOOK!
on February 18, 2013
I smugly thought, I knew quite a lot about Chanel and her life, having read many books, and having seen movies, about her as well. She was in my view a fascinating, elusive woman. I found this book well researched, fun to read, and informative. I learned a great deal more about her, and it provided me with a better appreciation, for what a creative genious, she really was. Bravo!
on January 6, 2013
This was an enjoyable book to read. It was entertaining while educating on Coco Chanel's life and personality. I think both men and women would enjoy the book for its social and business content. The author provides the material from the viewpoint of today while filling us in on the era of Coco Chanel. I would recommend the book.
on November 18, 2014
Love.
For the fashion and business savvy.
Well written.
Definitely a read!
on March 20, 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Good reading on Coco Chanel. It's amazing the influence she has on the fashions we wear today.
on July 30, 2015
An interesting read as I am a Chanel fan. The book came in good condition and quickly. Thanks
on September 7, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised. A nice book that I would recommend.