5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Inspiring
Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet wraps a very serious topic in a fun, hilarious and understandable book. There's advice on juicing, green smoothies, exercise, going gluten-free... it's a fun information overload on how to become more alkaline and prevent disease. If you want to become President and CEO of Your Health, Inc. then this is the book for you!
Published on Jan. 23 2011 by Winnipeg Health Coach

It's not that I disagree with anything the author has written - most of what she has to say about diet and its relation to health and disease is in line with what I've learned from my own research and during my own journey to better health.

Published 1 month ago by Amber Dooley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Inspiring, Jan. 23 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars I simply love it!!!!, June 13 2012
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, And Live Like You Mean It! (Paperback)
Je suis moi-même atteinte d'un cancer (sein stage 4) et je trouve Kris Carr inspirante très inspirante!!! Un incontournable, ce livre me suit partout maintenant!!! Je fais les courses avec et dès que j'ai une minute je jette un oeil et chaque fois j'assimile quelque chose de nouveau!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, natural cleanse, March 21 2011
I bought this book because I was interested in doing a natural cleanse and found so much more information then I even imagined. I followed the directions for the 21-day adventure cleanse and have never felt (or looked) better.

This book is chocked full of useful information regarding nutrition even if you are not looking to rid yourself of toxins.

And on top of it all Kris Carr's story of holding back her cancer through diet is fasinating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall in love with this book, June 4 2012
Possibly my favourite book of all time. Can everyone please read this book? Your life will be changed for the better, I promise! I love the beautiful photos, recipes and spunky writing, it made it as enjoyable to read as a gripping novel. Not just inspiring prose but concrete, practical information you can start applying immediately.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... my own research and during my own journey to better health. The problem is the writing, Oct. 29 2014
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Diet (Kindle Edition)

The problem is the writing. It's so sugary and bubbly that it comes off as sophomoric, which is unfortunate because her message is really on point. This book might actually be genius for reaching the segment of the population that can relate to that though, so maybe that's a point in it's favour.

Personally, the writing annoyed me so much that I never finished the book. It especially bothered me that she insists on referring to meat as flesh. I have nothing against vegetarianism or veganism - in fact I'm working my way in that direction for both ethical and health reasons - but to repeatedly insinuate that eating meat makes you some kind of barbarian is frankly rude and not at all helpful to the discussion.

Kris Carr's story of cancer survival is genuinely inspiring, and she has an abundance of knowledge to share. But while there is certainly plenty of good advice in this book, it is nothing you can't learn elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars knowledge is power, Dec 15 2012
There is so much great information in this Crazy Sexy Book, even starting with a bit of this information can be life transforming. Written in a unique personal way you become an instant admirer or the author! Many wonderful tidbits and nuggets to take out of there, plus some awesome recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW!, Feb. 1 2011
I'm not even finished reading this book and all I can say is WOW! Soooo much information. Clear, concise, funny, science based proof that a vegan diet is the way to go. This is like a textbook and owner's manual for your body; and in easy to understand layman's terms to boot! Such an amazing book from an amazing woman. Cheers to you Kris!
Ordering a second copy for my Mother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough but sensible and incredibly healthy, July 7 2013
This is a book about becoming Vegan - or close to vegan. That means no protein from anything that has eyes - including milk, cheese and eggs. For any normal North American diet follower this is a major and far from easy change. Food preparation times rise as does the time needed to shop as fresh vegetables have to be sourced every 2-3 days - preferably daily as they do in Europe. However - the results from changing your eating habits to this kind of diet are startlingly good. Buy this book and eat its recipes exclusively for 30 days and you will never go back. You may occasionally feel the need for something familiar - I eat fish (usually salmon or lox) about twice a month and I have an egg or two about once a month. Last night I had a steak - the first red meat in 2 years. It was nice and brought back many good taste memories but if I don't do that again for another 2 years i wont be upset - it's just not what I eat any more. I use this book and changed my diet for the same reasons she did - cancer. If that is your fate then buy her books and follow her dietary advice regardless of what else you do. Eating like this is key to surviving and boosting your immune system to fight back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10 2014
This book changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good plant based diet, June 1 2014
Lots of valuable information about eating a plant based diet and why you should eat a plant based diet.
I felt it was a great way for me to move into veganism.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›