5.0 out of 5 stars FAR more than what I expected!!!
Published on May 10 2004 by Holly Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Don't need quite so many photos of men naked.......!
Published 3 days ago by Maria Nickel

5.0 out of 5 stars FAR more than what I expected!!!, May 10 2004
First off you need to know this is a large book. It's huge. The picture does not at all convey how huge this book really is. It's about two times the size of a normal size book. I really don't think the description is adequate. I expected this to be a basic story book. It is far more than that. This is a very scientific book. It is a lot like the book "A Child is Born" only geared for kids. By this I don't mean watered down or talking down to kids. It is perfect. In fact I would venture to say you could actually use this as your primary educational tool when teaching your kids about sex for the first time. I originally got a book that was advertised as being the best book to read to your kids when telling them about sex. Actually I think this is 1000 times better b/c it has pictures, it tells it graphically but in cartoon style. It is FAR less traumatic for those parents who don't feel comfortable broaching this subject. I will be using this as my primary book from now on. I am fully impressed. It is really underrated if you ask me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Repeat Purchase, April 7 2003
Erin Flynn Jantz (Newport, RI USA) - See all my reviews
I originally ordered 4-5 books in this category and none of the others could compare. The comic relief offered by the two characters in the sidelines is absolutely wonderful. My 7 year old son could release any discomfort with the topics through laughter (often laughing harder than he would normally).
After loaning this book to friends who were all extremely happy with this book, I've decided I need another copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for 9 year olds and older, April 27 2004
By A Customer
This is a very comprehensive book about everything your child will need to now about childbirth and childbearing till about mid teens (including such issues as multiples, IVF). The reason I recommend this book for 9 year olds and older is because of the complexity(read confusion) of some of the egg-sperm pictures and even more important the book introduces the concept of intercourse. One of the pictures featured has a couple kissing under the blanket, the term sexual intercourse is introduced in the book.
It also has the introduction to the sexual maturity. Having a 6 and 3 year olds and expecting an addition now, I was looking for a simpler book to introduce/ answer questions about childbirth that would be appropriate for my older kid and did not find this book fitting the purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent needs this book for their kids, July 7 2014
dolphins360 (western canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (Paperback)
Love this book == i found that the book was written in a humourous but fun way. Made the discussion about life much easier for my ten year old. The book even goes into details about different kids of families - such as adoption and same sex parents. Great illustrations in a cartoon form

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 7 2014
Don't need quite so many photos of men naked.......!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids who ask lots of questions!, Sept. 17 2012
This book is ideal for helping to explain the facts of life to young children. I think they have the age range just right. The information is very well presented and clear but also fun for kids to read. Perfect for adults to read through with their children together. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a wonderful book!, Aug. 16 2000
This book is perfect for children to read before entering puberty! Robie Harris explains male and female body parts (inside and out), what changes take place during puberty, how an sperm fertilizes an egg, what sex is, what love is, what happens during pregnancy (including how a baby grows and how one is born), different types of families (gay, straight, adoption, etc), good and bad touches, and even a bit about HIV and AIDS.
The author explains everything very honestly without being judgmental, although he leaves room for a parent to explain his or her own values to a child. For example, while explaining masturbation he writes, "Every family has its own thoughts and feelings about masturbation...Some people and religions think it's wrong to masturbate."
The book covers a lot of information, but presents it in a fun and simple way. The cartoon illustrations are complete without being terribly graphic, and the small bird and bee throughout the book serve as "tour guides". This book will definitely be on my bookshelf when my daughter starts asking questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is So Amazing!, Nov. 5 2002
By A Customer
Every parent should have this book available for their children when they start asking those delicate questions. It's So Amazing! cover topics from maturation, to reproduction, homosexuality, and sexually transmitted disease in a non-judgemental, factual way. The bird and the bee that are part of the learning audience help children to feel comfortable with their own reactions to the material covered; the bird is excited and anxious to learn more, whereas the bee is apprehensive and not quite comfortable with it all. The illustrations are humorous, helping to lighten such serious topics but without detracting from the importance of it all.
All topics may not be appropriate for most 7 year olds. However, chapters are arranged to start from the most basic topics and progresses to topics that are more sensitive. If the book is read with parent and child together, new chapters can be introduced as the child is ready to learn and understand more. It is also an excellent choice for a child to read alone.
After the experience of learning sex education from the dry, clinical books available that traumitized me when I was growing up, I am very pleased to know that my son's experience will be so very different from my own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, June 6 2011
The book does a very good job of explaining the subject for the age group. Illustrations are great and aid in explaining the topic of puberty and how bodies change.

My step-daughter couldn't put the book down!

I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to explain the facts of life to their children.

5.0 out of 5 stars mom of 3, Feb. 10 2004
By A Customer
When my 8 year old asked about sex I did not know where to start. This book was a great way to introduce sex to him and my 5 year old at the same time. It was a comfortable book to share with them and I felt like I could have been teaching them about any of the systems in our bodies. It was a great place to start exploring this topic.

It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families