Ish

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could put this in the hands of every child., Feb. 6 2012
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
This was one of the first books by Peter H. Reynolds that I ever read. And with each book I appreciate his writing and illustrations more. But this will always be one of my favorites, and a book I believe every child should read! The story is amazing and the illustrations wonderful. It will encourage children to try new things, and to keep at them even if they are not good from the start. They can do it sort of 'ish' and that is good enough. This is one of the best children's books I have ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for perfectionist, July 12 2014
JKC (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
This book is perfect for your perfectionist child ... A very simple message communicated beautifully!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit with my Kindergarten class, May 13 2014
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
Great book about how to deal with criticism and that for every critic there is a champion of your work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach your kids about not being a perfectionist from an early age., Nov. 28 2013
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
I'm a perfectionist and wish my parents read me this or helped me with these skills as a child. I read this even as an adult! Love it! I want to purchase more books by Peter Reynolds!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great motivational story, Dec 14 2012
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
I love to encourage students to do their best work. With a good self esteem students are able to achieve great results. This book inspires all students in the art field. Not everyone can be a Monet but everyone can be Monetish... even the teacher!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite kids' book!, Feb. 11 2006
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
Seriously, my favourite kids' book! Great story, great lesson. Teaches kids about creativity. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring!, April 13 2008
elfdart - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ish (Hardcover)
this was a cute book about a little boy who loves to draw, and he draws quite a bit. one day his brother looks at his drawings and says that it doesn't look like what he was trying to draw. the boy looks at it again and agrees with his brother and he gets mad. i forget if he keeps drawing or not, but at one point he crumples up his 'last drawing' in frustration and swears to never draw again. his sister grabs the drawing and runs to her room. he chases her and when he goes in her room he sees all of his drawings. he asks why she kept them as they don't look anything like what they're supposed to. she replies 'well it looks vase-ish'. he looks around and agrees that it does look vase- ish. and continues drawing.
the guy's drawings don't have to be perfect. he draws because he loves it, not because he wants to make perfect pictures. it's sweet.

Ish
Ish by Peter H. Reynolds (Hardcover - Aug. 19 2004)
CDN$ 16.00 CDN$ 11.55