march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on June 20, 1998
The writing of this moving story shows true artistic mastery. Even with a few rhythmic, well-chosen phrases which echo in the reader's heart, the author helps us really KNOW her memorable characters. This is a beautiful, beautiful book, worthy of the season which inspired it, and of the audience of children and adults which will surely be deeply affected by it. A life-altering experience, because it makes its mark on one's soul. Susan Wojciechowski and P.J. Lynch deserve the highest honors for this exquisite work.
on February 1, 2010
This is an absolutely wonderful book, the content of which would appeal to almost any age- the language is simple with some repetition and the overall theme is VERY heartwarming. I read it to a large group of children and adults alike and all listened intently and gave many positive comments after. Although the content is somewhat related to Christmas, it really could be presented at any time. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey with CD: Gift Edition
on December 19, 1999
While reading this book to my 5 year old daughter, she asked me near the end, "Daddy, why are there drops of water coming from your eyes?" The beautiful and touching message of love and healing in this story is one even more appreciated by parents than the young audience for whom the book is designed. This is a Christmas treasure that I look forward to sharing with my children over and over again as they grow. Highly recommended.
on December 4, 2002
This is a beautiful story. The author did a reading/slide show of this book at our school several years ago. When the lights came on, there wasn't a dry eye among the parents (and some of the kids)in attendance. I still get choked up when I read this to my children. Its truly a beautiful story. I've bought 6 copies through the years for friends & family when they have children. A must read at Christmas time.
on January 4, 2009
I have read this story to many children and each time I read it, my heart opens and my eyes swell with tears for the joy of healing. I cannot recommend this book enough! I have given it to all the young children in my life and will continue to wish it for all and give it to others, large and small. I'm delighted to find it has been reprinted a couple of times since I bought the origional edition.
on December 3, 1998
This story is one of the best in showing how a little tender love and kindness to those in need of it, can make the world of difference. Little Thomas and his mother open a world lost to Jonathan Toomey with a gentle hand, a warm smile and a lot of kindness. I have read this story to several classrooms in my sons school, and it is a well loved hit. I couldnt recommend it more strongly.
on November 10, 1999
I am an artist/author. I also teach art at the high school level and I usually pick up books that are strong in art to show my students and to study from myself. I am deeply impressed with the quality of this book. The compostions of the art layouts and word arrangements are outstanding. My sincere compliments to both the author and artist. I would love to hear back from them. Thank you
on January 4, 2004
Tender story, exquisitely illustrated. I recommend this book in hardcover because it is classic and definitely a "keeper". Jonathan is a somber man who is touched by deep tragedy. He lost his interest in life until a young widow and her son ease their way into his heart. Very touching story. Children are enthralled with both the story and the illustrations.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2000
This heartwarming story of how a bitter woodcarver let a widow and her 7-year-old son into his life should be a holiday tradition for all. The boy is lovable and encouraging and he nurtures a spark of Christmas/holiday spirit in the woodcarver. This book is guaranteed to leave many eyes misty. It is truly a work of art and a gift for the heart. I love it.
on December 1, 1999
Not only a book for children, I first listened to this book when presented at my bible study, whose members age from 60-93! It brought tears to my eyes, the message was so simple and clear. I searched immediately for a copy to share with my children, as well as my sister's children. Wonderful story, wonderful rhythm, wonderful illustration.