5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I know of on hamster care, April 1 2014
This review is from: My Hamster (Paperback)
I have a few hamster books and this one is the best of them all. It has really good information, by someone that is specially trained in this area. A lot of pet care books are written by people with no credentials behind them. So it is helpful to have credible information for the optimal health of our pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any serious hamster owner....., March 7 2008
Assilem (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Hamster (Paperback)
Easily the best hamster book I've ever read - very thorough. The style of the book is probably too advanced for a younger read. It is particularly designed for parents who are thinking about getting a hamster for their child. Some sections have a "Parent's Extra" with commonly asked questions. Though this is not geared towards breeders, it is certainly for those who are serious about hamster care.

Wonderful, engaging color pictures of hamsters "doing their thing"; color coordinated chapters; very well laid out and easy to read; full of subsections for 'Tips', 'Did U Know?', 'Checklists', etc.; lots of fun "experiments" for hamsters and their owners to help enrich both their lives.

Peter Fritzsche takes hamster ownership seriously, which is a refreshing change from most other insipid hamster books. He even goes so far as to provide pictures of wild hamsters! Something I found extremely interesting, as hamsters are an endangered species in the wild.

My Hamster
My Hamster by Peter Fritzsche (Paperback - Nov. 1 2007)
CDN$ 17.99 CDN$ 13.13