5.0 out of 5 stars Janette Oke did it again!
Published on Jan. 7 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Compared to her best this doesn't measure up
Published on May 28 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Compared to her best this doesn't measure up, May 28 2002
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
I wanted to like this story, but it felt rushed and disjointed. She builds up a romantic story line and then skips over into another story entirely. I must admit I like the stories about settlers better than the more modern settings and situations. I suppose the wars aren't that modern but they're a less innocent time. I felt like she had cheated her readers by rushing this to press before taking the time to edit it properly. She had proved herself in the past and I'll buy her books again but it was really disapointing. A writer who can write Roses For Mama can do a lot better.

3.0 out of 5 stars When Tomorrow Comes, March 28 2002
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
Being a Janette Oke and looking forward to reading her books, I was disappointed that the book did not end in the way I had expected. I was pleased to see that I wasn't the only one who holds this opinion. I thought that it would have been a much better ending had it been Christine and Laray, especially with him going to the North as well rather than Eric. I hope Ms Oke writes another one in the series where Christine changes her mind for laray, i really liked him!

5.0 out of 5 stars Janette Oke did it again!, Jan. 7 2002
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
This book tells the story of Christine, a woman that has suffered a broken heart and is searching for God's will for her life. Christine has choices to make and she seeks God's will as she makes those choices. There was information in this book that Ms. Oke weaves into the story about finding God's will that I found helpful for my own life. I enjoyed the story and it had a surprise ending....very different than I was expecting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, although slow-moving at times, Dec 21 2001
Anna M. Vandenhazel (West Valley City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
This is a great sequel to "Beyond the Gathering Storm." I notice that another reviewer complained that Christine couldn't possibly decide she was in love with Eric at the end of the book just by reading the Bible. Why not? Plenty of real-life people have made decisions that way! There have also been cases of people in love with someone for years before they knew it, I'm glad the story wasn't like that. Perhaps the reviewer has never had such an experience, but that doesn't mean they know everything! It's great to have stories where people read the Bible and act on what they've learned, and Janette Oke is one of my favorite Christian writers! My only complaint is that sometimes it took too long to get through a part of the story that seemed unimportant to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can Christine ever forget her beloved North?, Oct. 23 2001
Bonnie McKinzie (Garden Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
Book 6 in Canadian West features the life of Christine. She is recovering from a near tragic relationship with Boyd from book 5, and World War II looms bigger and bigger. Between jobs as the book opens, Christine attends the wedding of her big brother and meets another Mountie, Laray. Is it love? Unable to decided, Christine leaves and cares for her injured Aunt Mary. She discovers a worthwhile ministry at the local Hope Canteen, sharing Christ with young servicemen and women. An automobile accident proves pivotal for both the story line and Christine's life. Oke introduces a handsome young resident at the hospital whose family helped found the town. Christine is torn about her future which seems to revolve around her beloved North. Oke has a very surprising ending to this book, one I was not prepared for nor particularly liked. Hope this book is not the end of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Take it or leave it, Sept. 21 2001
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
I was very pleased to see the sequel to Beyond the Gathering Storm so that I could find out what might become of Christine. Overall I thought it was an okay book, but the ending just didn't seem right. Even though Oke wanted us to finish the book with the feeling that Christine really was in love with Eric, I don't think she was. The day before she was supposed to make her decision about whether she wanted to continue seeing Eric seriously or not, she had no idea, then after just reading a chapter in Exodus she realized that she truly loves him?? Come on, really. I felt through the whole book that she and Henry's fellow RCMP Laray were a perfect match, esp. since he was going back to the North where she always felt that she belonged. Despite what I felt was an unsatisfactory ending, I overall enjoyed the story. I'd take it or leave it.

5.0 out of 5 stars SATISFYING SEQUEL TO "BEYOND THE GATHERING STORM"!!!, Sept. 6 2001
This review is from: When Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
As an avid christian fiction reader, I eagerly await new books by my favorite authors. This book was well worth the wait. I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed when Janette Oke ended the Canadian West series a number of years ago. I was incredibly pleased to see her continue on last year, with "Beyond the Gathering Storm" and I have been anxiously awaiting this book. It is supurbly written and was satisfying in the end. There is just enough suspense to make it impossible to put down. It is a book that reminds the reader how important faith in God really is and that if you listen to Him, you will not choose the wrong path for you life. I am hoping that Oke decides to contine on with this series. I am looking forward to seeing these characters again. Happy reading!!

When Tomorrow Comes
When Tomorrow Comes by Janette Oke (Paperback - June 1 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01