4.0 out of 5 stars Another magnificent story by Janette Oke
Emily Evans has always known that God wanted her to dedicate her life to him, but she never knew just what that was until one day at Missionary school. Reverend Witt gave a sermon on being "called" to do missionary work for the Lord. Emily felt God speaking to her telling her to step forward, and this is just what she did. Although only men could be actual preachers,...
Published on Aug. 27 2003 by Christian Bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Her Best
Despite the fact that Mrs. Oke created a good plot for this book, I was keenly disappointed in it. I felt as though Mrs. Oke knew not how to write about certain scenes in the book. She therefore, quickly brushed through that certain scene and TOLD us what happened, not necessarily SHOWED us. It seemed as if huge chunks of the story were missing, leaving me hungry for...
Published on April 25 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice light read, Oct. 15 2013
In true Janette Oke fashion this book was both entertaining and thought provoking. I liked that I could put it down for a week and then pick it up again when I had time and not forget where I was in the story. I like books that are easy to read and not so intense, that is why I picked a book by this author. Thanks so much for sharing this book in kindle format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ! The Calling of the West, June 4 2013
Just loved this character. Emily is just wonderful in this story. We don't want the story to end. It prouves that a woman has her place and that she can make the right choices given time.

I recommend this book ! A must have !

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to put it down, Feb. 19 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was very easy to ready and Janette Oke brought her characters to life showing many different types of people that one would encounter if put into her position. This is the first time in ages since I've read one of her books and she is still as good as I remember her as a young adult. She writes in such away that I just want to keep reading her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Determination, Feb. 13 2000
I thought this book was great. What i liked about it the most was how Emily was so determined to do what she wanted to, no matter who did or did not support her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of Calling of Emily Evans, Jan. 20 1999
By A Customer
I believe that Janette Oke stepped beyond the boundaries of the Bible in writing this one.

Calling of Emily Evans, The
Calling of Emily Evans, The by Janette Oke (Paperback - Oct. 1 2006)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 10.83