4.0 out of 5 stars Another magnificent story by Janette Oke
Emily Evans has always known that God wanted her to dedicate her life to him, but she never knew just what that was until one day at Missionary school. Reverend Witt gave a sermon on being "called" to do missionary work for the Lord. Emily felt God speaking to her telling her to step forward, and this is just what she did. Although only men could be actual preachers,...
Published on Aug. 27 2003 by Christian Bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Her Best
Despite the fact that Mrs. Oke created a good plot for this book, I was keenly disappointed in it. I felt as though Mrs. Oke knew not how to write about certain scenes in the book. She therefore, quickly brushed through that certain scene and TOLD us what happened, not necessarily SHOWED us. It seemed as if huge chunks of the story were missing, leaving me hungry for...
Published on April 25 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice light read, Oct. 15 2013
In true Janette Oke fashion this book was both entertaining and thought provoking. I liked that I could put it down for a week and then pick it up again when I had time and not forget where I was in the story. I like books that are easy to read and not so intense, that is why I picked a book by this author. Thanks so much for sharing this book in kindle format.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK !, April 26 2001
By A Customer
THIS BOOK I COULD NOT PUT DOWN! Emily Evans went to Bible School and answerd the her God given calling. By starting a parish in a small town without very many parishioners she had a hard time even finding food to eat. I think if you read this book you will love it as much as I did. One tip dont read the last 2 pages before you get to that point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ! The Calling of the West, June 4 2013
Just loved this character. Emily is just wonderful in this story. We don't want the story to end. It prouves that a woman has her place and that she can make the right choices given time.

I recommend this book ! A must have !

5.0 out of 5 stars Determination, Feb. 13 2000
I thought this book was great. What i liked about it the most was how Emily was so determined to do what she wanted to, no matter who did or did not support her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of Calling of Emily Evans, Jan. 20 1999
By A Customer
I believe that Janette Oke stepped beyond the boundaries of the Bible in writing this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, Sept. 26 2014
fast efficient service thanks

Calling Of Emily Evans, The, Repackaged Ed.
Calling Of Emily Evans, The, Repackaged Ed. by Janette Oke (Paperback - May 2009)
CDN$ 16.00 CDN$ 14.74