5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite jannete oke's!!
This was a great book. I LITERALLY COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!! Anyway, Ariana Benson is a sweet and beautiful little school teacher. She was adopted by a minister, for her parent's were killed in an indian raid on the wagon train. Meanwhile, Laramie Russel is a handsome young man who doesn't fit in with the gang of desperadoes he lives with. He was also adopted; his parents...
Published on Dec 13 2003 by brooke

3.0 out of 5 stars A Review on A Gown of Spanish Lace
Ariana and Laramie meet at a camp where Ariana had been kidnapped. They fell in love over time, but were seperated by a chest Laramie found of his mother's who died in an Indian raid. In the chest, there are connections indicating he and Ariana are brother and sister. They were seperated because their parents were both killed in a raid. Over this news, they broke up...
Published on Oct. 17 2000 by Alyce

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Oke book ever!, April 10 2000
This review is from: A Gown of Spanish Lace (Paperback)
It's hard to believe this was Janette Oke's *first* story plot, but it remained unwritten (alive only in her head) for so many years! At first, this one is different from many other "Women of the West" books. Usually the first scene from a book in this series depicts a little girl, and we chronicle her life from childhood to womanhood. Not so with this one--after two chapters of character and setting introduction, this story starts right in on plot, and both main characters are adults from the beginning. I loved the little twists and turns as Ariana and Laramie got to know each other (under extremely unusual circumstances!), and I loved the surprise ending. Laramie is an especially vivid character who is easily understood and sympathized with. And of course, Ariana is next to perfect! Oke's light, easy writing style does the storyline perfect justice. This has got to be the finest installment of the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Writing From Oke, Jan. 20 2000
This review is from: A Gown of Spanish Lace (Paperback)
I read this book about two years ago and it was so well written and exciting that i can still remember every little detail that happened. Janette Oke is my favorite author and i have read many of her books. This book is a MUST READ! It is a touching story that i will never forget and you won't either.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gown of Spanish Lace, Jan. 14 2000
sosborne (Hancock , MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Gown of Spanish Lace (Paperback)
At fisrt I didn't like A Gown of Spanish Lace because it kept switching back and fourth to different settings and it made me confused. As I kept reading it got more and more interesting. One night when I was reading,it made so interested that I couldn't stop reading. I would recommend this book to one of my friends that likes to read alot becauseit challenged me as I was reading. (also because a friend recommended it to me.)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Janette Oke book!, June 30 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: A gown of Spanish lace (Hardcover)
I loved this book. It kept me engrossed the whole time, I couldn't put it down. I think I'll read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me completely on the edge of my seat!!!!, June 27 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: A Gown of Spanish Lace (Paperback)
This book is the best book I have read of Janette Okes so far!!!! I was very into it!!! The ending was so fabulous.I was kind of upset to find that Laramie and Ariana were brother and sister,but as I continued reading,as always Janette Oke suprised us!!!! What a GREAT ending!!!!! Thanx Janette Oke for writing such wonderful Christian books!! My friends and I read them all the time.

Gown of Spanish Lace, A
Gown of Spanish Lace, A by Janette Oke (Paperback - Aug. 1 2006)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01