5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Where do I even begin???
Published on July 8 2010 by Dana Mccue

1.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading
I thought it a very inspiring true story. That is why I read it and then ordered 2 copies to give to friends
Published 12 months ago by Helen Woodliffe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Where do I even begin???, July 8 2010
Dana Mccue (Memphis, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight To Heaven: A Plane Crash...A Lone Survivor...AJourney to Heaven--and Back (Paperback)
Wow! Where do I even begin? The details of this book were so incredible that I felt as if I was on this journey as I read. This story has edified my faith that God is who He says He is and will do what He said He will do!! It enveloped me from beginning to end. I wanted to read slowly to grasp it all and yet I found myself reading it quickly as I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. For anyone who is searching for the truth about life and afterlife, this book is for you. It is a true, incredible, detailed encounter of God's ultimate love for His creation and the future plans He has for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Should Read Flight to Heaven by Capt. Dale Black, June 19 2010
I just finished reading Flight to Heaven. I have read many books about life after death, heaven and NDE. Flight to Heaven is the most amazing and descriptive recount of heaven I've ever read. Absolutely breathtaking. The book kept me on the edge of my seat from cover to cover. The story was very credible, inspirational and moving. I have so many people that I want to give this book to. I strongly encourage anyone searching to understand more about God and life hereafter to read this book. I have been greatly impacted by it and I will buy copies for all my family. Everyone should read this book.
Love2Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Flight to Heaven By: Capt'n Dale Black, Oct. 12 2010
Captain Dale Black starts his book by completely humbling himself, explaining that he made a vow to never share his story until God revealed to him that it was time. He went on to tell that the only man he shared his story with was his grandfather, for 40 years. He was careful not to commercialize his experience and vowed to keep his experience sacred. He chose to 'live' his experience rather than boast about it. He allowed himself to be very transparent and real- which grabbed my attention from the first couple of paragraphs!

You will be taken on a journey to heaven and back. But that isn't where the story ends!!! Black tells how throughout the last 40 years he was affected by this incredibly journey. His faith-building story is completely inspirational! You will be encouraged, awed, and amazed!

Flight to heaven is a MUST-READ! I give it 5 stars!!!

I was given this book courtesy of Bethany House Publishers for purpose of review however was under no obligation to submit a positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Feb. 15 2013
Dale Black's story of physical and emotional healing following the horrific aircraft accident is truly a miracle. Although beset by discouragement, his total surrender to the Lord's will, saw the Lord give him the desires of his heart and a passion to see others come to know Christ as Saviour. Anyone who doubts heaven is real, should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor, April 12 2012
joyful spirit "H.S. Mom" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I would like to add my voice to those who highly recommend this book. It rings with sincerity, lines up with Bible teaching on heaven and is definitely not a book to set down until the finish. It would be to no-one's advantage to ignore this book. I will be ordering my own copy as well as the audio version for those of my acquaintances who prefer to listen rather than read. I read a public library copy myself and look forward to having my own to read again and pass around to my friends and family. Do yourself a favor and read this one with an open mind - the info and insight in it is powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, moving, emotional reading experience!, Dec 3 2013
Oh my word..........

I am the mother of a newly graduated pilot. In some ways his story is similar to yours.

At age 10 our son decided, having seen an Air Show, (CNE Air Show) with his grandparents that he wanted to be a pilot.

At age 12, Josh accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour while at a Christian summer camp (sound familiar??). Although we were raising Josh as a Christian and he was attending a Catholic School, we were thrilled that HE had chosen to accept Jesus into his life.

At age 15, Joshua proudly flew his first solo-flight (as I stood from the ground and cried tears of joy and praise). His eyes have been skyward since then.

At age 19, Josh was accepted into one of the country's best Aviation programs. This school was many kilometers from home and the program was so rigorous that his visits home during the 3 year program were rare and brief.

During this time he seemed to slip away from his faith. He met other "free thinkers" and when he returned home he was questioning his faith and leaning more towards science based thinking.

Words cannot describe the pain this brought my husband and I. Our discussions often turned into arguments. In our opinion religion and science can work together, one doesn't disprove the other. Unfortunately, we have agreed to disagree and at his point limit our conversations about religion.

On November 10, 2013 ( 3 weeks ago) a flight instructor and friend of Josh's from his college was killed in an aviation accident in Red Lake Ontario. His friend was the co-pilot. The news rocked Josh's world and I could see the palpable pain in his heart. He audibly called out "Oh GOD, Oh GOD" when confirmation came that Ani had perished in the crash. I consoled him and reassured him that Ani had been lifted to eternal peace in the Kingdom of heaven. I didn't know "how they would inform his mother of the accident" when he asked me, I didn't know why God allowed tragedies like this to happen? All I knew was that Ani was in heaven and I prayed that Josh would find comfort in that.

Last week my husband and I were away celebrating our anniversary when we were browsing through a store and there on the shelf was your book "Flight To Heaven". We both rushed to it!! We read the summary and thought our prayers have been answered; this will be the help we are looking for in helping Josh come back to a life with Jesus Christ!!

I could not wait to start your book and preview it before I shared it with Josh. I could not put it down, although forced to because I could no longer see the words on the pages through my tears or I could not breathe because I was sobbing so hard. Your words resonated with me and through your story I see "hope" for my son.

We will be presenting this book to Josh for Christmas. We know your story will be interesting if not for anything other than your "aviation experience" and his understanding of all your fancy lingo!!! Our true hope and something we have been praying on, is that Josh will open his heart and life to Jesus Christ again, like he did when he was 12 years old. Our prayer is that your story will be the take-off point and his landing will be in the arms of Jesus Christ once again.

Please join me in praying that this book will change our son's life, just as we will pray for you and your beautiful family.

God bless you Captain Black.

Janet

1.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, Nov. 30 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Books I have read!, Oct. 30 2013
Exciting! positive resolution. Inspiring! a good testimony for faith. A good example of perseverance and determination.definitely worth the read. Go for it

5.0 out of 5 stars What hope for us Christians, Aug. 16 2013
I found this book encouraging and so helpful getting through this life on the way to the next. Bought copies to give to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, inspiring and uplifting, Aug. 9 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It touched my heart on my levels; but, the main impression I was left with was 'love'. The Father 'loves' His children; He 'loves' me and this love is the means by which I must love others. Many a passage left me in tears as I could physically and spiritually sense the love of the Lord.
Thank you to the author for writing down in words his experience and sharing with us.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›