4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Continuation
Andrew and Catherine settled in the land of Acadia after Andrew became a preacher. They had told had old their young daughter, Anne, of the circumstances surrounding her childhood. So Anne grew of knowing about her birth parents being out there somewhere.
Published on Oct. 29 2002 by Brandi

3.0 out of 5 stars my review
In this sequel from "The meeting place", 18 years have gone by and this time the daughters are able, through their faith, to meet and follow their destiny.
Published on July 11 2000 by Ana Maria Barrenechea

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Continuation, Oct. 29 2002
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
Louise and Henri who are now settled in Louisiana haven't forgotten their friends from Acadia. They waited until her daughter, Nicole, was older before they told her about her other parents. Nicole's uncle decides to head north to Acadia and Nicole must resolve something before she is to follow him.
Charles Harrow, Andrew's brother comes to Acadia looking for his brother and niece. But there is more than you think behind his reasons for coming to Acadia. Will he deceive his family or himself?
This book is a wonderful continuation to the Song of Acadia series. These two do a wonderful job writing the series. If you like this book be sure to read the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars The continuation of a story..., Oct. 28 2001
J. Peterson "jenpeterson" (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
I had to read this book right after reading "The Meeting Place" as I enjoyed that book so much. The story of Catherine & Louise touched me. This book continues their story after 18 years and Nicole (Elspeth) and Anne (Antoinette) have grown up with the other set of parents. I felt that the characters had grown considerably between the two books---Mr. Price had acknowledged his errors in the past and was seeking to redeem himself. Henri had grown into his role as clan elder, and Andrew grew spiritually to forgive the errors of the past and to become a pastor. Adding to the story is Charles Harrow, Andrew's brother, who comes to the colonies to search for his heir.
I would recommend this book. The story will grab you from the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars An even better sequel to The Meeting Place, Oct. 1 2000
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
My review of The Meeting Place said that it was the best I've read by Oke and Bunn; I was wrong! The Sacred Shore is now the best I've read by this team. The Sacred Shore picks up many years after The Meeting Place leaves off; Louisa and Henri are now settled in Louisiana with many other ousted Acadians, and Catherine and Andrew are now living the quiet life of a minister. Neither can forget the other, however, and their lives finally intersect again after many, many events, including the unexpected arrival of Andrew's estranged brother from England and the revelation of Louisa and Henri to their daughter of her birth. You will not want to quit reading The Sacred Shore until the end, and you will then begin anxiously awaiting the sequel!

3.0 out of 5 stars my review, July 11 2000
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
Again the characters that are introduced in this book are very real and the areas like Louisiana are also very well depicted. The book follows closely the real history of the Acadians. The plot is again very well developed and keeps the readers interested till the end.
Good interesting reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done sequel, May 7 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
Okay...The truth?..The truth is that I wasn't sure the authors could write a sequel as good as "The Meeting Place." I was wrong! They did an outstanding job of resolving the questions left in the first book. I love this series, and I hope it is true that there is a third book coming out. I would definitely reccomend reading the books in order. I have bought two copies and I keep sending them to everyone I think would like them.!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading!, Sept. 20 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
After reading The Meeting Place I could not wait to read the sequel, The Sacred Shore. This book is not as exciting as the first book. I found it predictable. Still,the characters are very real and I find myself hoping for another sequel where Anne gets to meet and know Louise and Henri.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, April 21 2000
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
I'm not a huge fan of Janette Oke, but this book was incredible. It captured my attention completely and I can not wait until the 3rd book is released. It's best if you read the "Meeting Place" first. The two books go together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the story line the characters and the historically correct ..., July 22 2014
Loved the story line the characters and the historically correct events. Made me emotional just thinking how these people must have felt in being torn from their homes and sent to strange lands. An excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Shore, May 29 2000
This review is from: Sacred Shore, The (Paperback)
I was very pleased with the way the book took us right into the world of Nicole and Anne. I enjoyed this book for its constant reminders of letting God lead you in your everyday life. I am hoping for a 3rd book.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book was a great follow-up to the first book in the series, Aug. 5 2014
This book was a great follow-up to the first book in the series. I loved the crossing of paths of the characters and the suspense that was carried through. I will be reading the third book...

The Sacred Shore
The Sacred Shore by T. Davis Bunn (Audio Cassette - Feb. 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 23.04