5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and Learn
Published on Feb. 23 2001 by Leigh A Trevillian

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars actually......
Published on Sept. 14 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars actually......, Sept. 14 2003
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book. Ellie Kay has a unique sense of humor. Wacky, might be a good word. (She calls herself the Coupon Queen and even has a nice tiara to wear.) She stresses coupons highly, so if you live in a rural area or hate coupons, then you might want another book. She tells A LOT of humorous type stories, mostly about her family. Her lovey nicknames for her husband Bob might be irritating if you're single or just want a less nonsense- more tips type approach. She does have a lot of references towards Christianity, although I didn't find it objectionable. I was impressed with the gardening section, and the holiday section. (Christmas is about Christ anyway, so the religious overtone feels like it "belongs" there.)The book was entertaining, and could be helpful, particularly if you need help with coupons and meal planning. The last self-serving chapter, (fan letters) was odd I thought. Overall it was a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and Learn, Feb. 23 2001
Leigh A Trevillian (Vandenberg, AFB, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
As a soon to be mother of twins we are about to go from a two income couple to a one income family with two babies. I needed to know some practical ways that really worked to save money in every area we could. Having already read and learned from Ellie's first book "Shop, Save and Share" I knew she had the experience to teach this in a manner that would keep you laughing while you learn. Eager for more of her new ideas, in "How to Save Money Everyday" I grabbed a copy as soon as it hit the shelves. Her daily, real life applications can help everyone, no matter what their circumstances. Mixed with the comedy of everyday life with a topic that can sometimes be tedious; you will laugh as you learn more than you ever thought possible about how to keep money in your pocket and still have enough to give to others in need. Collect your pennies and buy a copy, it is the best investment you could ever make. LeighAnn Trevillian

5.0 out of 5 stars How a Mother of Six Has Been Helped, Feb. 11 2002
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
In March of 2001, I "just happened" to be listening to a radio station to which I normally do not tune and heard Ellie Kay being interviewed about how she saves money on groceries. My ears perked up, because up to that time, I had been struggling to stay within my food budget. I am the mother of six children (ages ranging from 2-20). After hearing Ellie on the radio, I purchased How To Save Money Everyday (along with Ellie's first book, Shop, Save, and Share). Her books have been very instrumental in helping me save money on my grocery bill. Since I have been using Ellie's suggested methods of saving, I have also had enough to occasionally share with two single moms, as well as sending a variety of items to a children's home. I am very thankful for being led to hear about Ellie Kay's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comic relief for money woes..., Feb. 19 2001
"rsmith3180" (Alamogordo, NM) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
This is a REALLY helpful book! By the time I finished, I had more than a dozen of my "stickies" marking some really important things! From savings on travel and food to insurance and debt counseling, this book is really a TEXTBOOK on practical savings tips--but reads with humor like a comicbook. Ellie's real-life accounts will leave you in stitches...from her lively family episodes (apparently it's really wild at the Kay home) to her professional blunders. I literally shook so hard from laughter reading her story about the mis-pronounced poorhouse (p. 87) that I had to put the book down until I recovered! A rare combination of insight, wit, and wisdom--all in easy-to-read language--makes this book both a great read and a great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but a five star rating!, Feb. 1 2001
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
I don't see how anyone who has read this book could rate it less than five stars! Not only is Ellie funny, but her information really works. Her ideas on baby wipes is FABULOUS for a young mom like myself. The food co-op is great info, too. But the real reason I like this book is that is seems to get the information across without boring me to death! All the other financial books get so bogged down in facts and figures that I fall asleep before I learn anything. Ellie Kay's book was one that I couldn't put down and I found myself remembering her tips at the grocery store, while in Wal-Mart and even when I'm surfing the net. GREAT BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Woman You Love to Hate, April 14 2003
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
I can see why another woman would love to hate Ellie Kay! She tells a great story, loves her husband and kids and tells us how to save money on top of it all! I'm a guy who found this book to be incredibly full of helpful information and the only reason I can see for a nick picking review is that others may be jealous! I didn't see the God factor in this book, although it's plain her family goes to church. I was also impressed by the debt reduction tips and how to find a good financial counselor. If you want to save money and be entertained at the same time, then ignore the sour grapes and you'll find this book to be sweet pickings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie doesn't just write about it; she's done it!, March 1 2001
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
It's clear the desire of Ellie's heart is to be a good steward of what God has given her and to share her unique gifts with the rest of us. As a mother of toddler twins and a pre-schooler, I hear all the time, 'how do you do it?' As Ellie knows (being the mother of five children), you 'just do it' when you have to make ends meet...no matter what. Whether it's clipping coupons (Ellie is 'The Coupon Queen'), researching a purchase, or just being a savvy shopper, Ellie lays it out for us with her resourceful mix of practical guidance and comical stories. A treat to read and easy to apply in everyday life. Way to go, Ellie!

5.0 out of 5 stars FBWaggoner@aol.com, Feb. 21 2001
Brenda Waggoner (McKinney, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
Thanks, Ellie, for "working on de 'pooter again" (her son's comment about her writing process) to give us this practical and fun collection of tips on how to save money. Ellie practices what she preaches to us in this book, as attested by her husband, Bob, in the forward. I'm not a person who would normally pick up a book in the bookstore on financial management, personally I'd rather read about relationships. But Ellie swirls it all together -- helping and serving others, having fun together, and glorifying God through the use of our money at the same time. This book is great, don't miss it!

5.0 out of 5 stars She did it again!, Feb. 19 2001
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
Ellie has done it once again. What power in her words, and the encouragement for one to save everyday. I picked up the book, and within 2hours I had finished. IT was an incredible read, Ellie's ability to make you feel like part of the family is wonderful. Her humorous stories, are so well written it is as if you were there. I love the way she communicates her saving tips to those of us who feel challenged by saving a buck. I cannot wait for the next book to come out, to see what she has up her sleeve. I believe Ellie could write about anything and make it enjoyable. Thanks Ellie for a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too good to be true!, March 3 2001
Janet Parks (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: How to Save Money Every Day (Paperback)
I heard Ellie on a national, live radio call-in show and had a hard time believing that she could get out of $40,000 worth of debt in her early marriage in only two years. Then I started paying attention to the callers, several had purchased her first book and were saving as much as half on their grocery bill and cut almost all areas of household expenses. When I bought this book it was out of curiosity, I figured it was worth a risk of... Now, I'm one of the believers in the ability to save money every day. It truly works if you're willing to try. This is a great investment.

How to Save Money Every Day
How to Save Money Every Day by Ellie Kay (Paperback - Dec 15 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01