Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Cook Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools

Dana's Valley
Format: Audio CassetteChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on January 20, 2002
This book deals with Erin's family and how they went through difficult times when her sister, Dana was diagnosed with cancer. It was especially difficult for Erin and her sibblings as her parents had to pay full attention to her sister and neglected the rest of them and how each one of the family members need to come to term with Dana's illness. It was especially hard for Erin because Dana was her best friend and it was heartbreaking to see someone you love and care is slowly deteriorating and is suffering every day.
Slowly, Erin lost faith in praying and in God as she believed it was useless since so many people prayed for Dana and yet Dana was not recovering. It was touching for me, how Dana restored Erin's faith and how the family was able to go through Dana's illness with prayers and faith in God.
Also, I think this book gives a good picture on how it's like to have a family member who is being diagnosed with cancer as it drains out everyone who loves the patient. One of the quotes in the book said something like cancer is like a magnet, it draws one closer to God.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on May 15, 2001
The first few pages aren't very exciting, but once the main plot settles in, you'll want to keep reading to see what happens next. This is the first Janette Oke book for adults that takes place in modern times (The 2 children's books by Janette Oke which I've purchased take place in modern times), and while the reviewer at "Publisher's Weekly" did not enjoy it, I would be willing to read it again. I had a brother who died of muscular distrophy when he was 17, and taking care of my 10-year-old son who also suffers from the same disease has not been easy. Sometimes I reach the end of my rope just as Dana's mother did, so I applaud the realistic writing style - things like this really happen to good people.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again