5.0 out of 5 stars PURE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION & MORE!, Feb. 10 2004
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
As a fellow relationship/dating author and advisor, I'm always looking for new information on this dynamic field. I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of this book because of the thorough nature and quality of the "Dummies" series. After a complete reading of this book where I took a lot of notes, I must say that it does an outstanding job of covering online dating and other related topics.
You get a certain type of quality when you buy a "Dummies" book. I didn't expect this one to be a great literary read or even one that I'd call "entertaining" (except for the hilarious cartoons in the beginning of each chapter). This book is simply stuffed with practical information and helpful tips. I do a lot of research on "Online Dating" issues and this is the best single source that I've found. If you ever come across any of my advice anywhere, you can bet that it won't be out of alignment with what is in this great resource.
This is a book that every man or woman who chooses to play the "online dating game" to win (find a good love partner) should have in their personal library. It's really that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, Feb. 5 2004
Philip (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
It's execellent. It's informative. Easy to read. Best of all, it's fun. I've never visited an online dating site. However, the book has me excited about taking the plunge.

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful and instructive, Jan. 27 2004
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
where have I been? This book really helped me get online and noticed. Online dating for Dummies is the best book, of all the other choices available. Free of boring baloney anecdotes, just packed with useful info.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE the book!, Jan. 25 2004
Aviva (Indianapolis, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
As a young single, I found this book to be very fun and helpful. All too often do you read things and see things, but don't know how "typical" the results are, but it is obvious their tips are right on target seeing that the authors are getting married! I would highly recommend it to my friends and can't wait to use the tips in the book on my own search! Online Dating for Dummies has been needed for years and I am glad to see that someone has finally written the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely informational and fun book!!, Jan. 25 2004
VCS (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
EXCELLENT!!!! If it weren't for internet dating - most of my single friends have said they would not be dating! But, how to wade through the "ins and outs" of internet dating and do it the right way?? ONLINE DATING FOR DUMMIES was both informational and fun to read! Very handy tips that, if you follow the authors' advice, will help you get things right the first time! One might think that much of "posting" and "responding" is obvious...but not necessarily! Follow the advice in this book and you're guaranteed to be dating in no time at all! And, I appreciated the fact that the two authors met each other ONLINE! They write from personal experience, professional expertise, and from extensive research. I would HIGHLY recommend this book immediately if you would like to find that "special someone!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Super Book!!, Jan. 25 2004
V (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
Makes it all come clear! Removes all the question-marks about the online dating mystery. A perfect guide to getting started with online dating and meeting someone. Clear, precise, and fun!! Coupons, personal advice and so much more! What more could I ask for! I have already told my friends to get this terrific guide to Online Dating.
A++ in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars no B. S. here, Jan. 25 2004
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
I've already read a fair number of other books about internet dating and I frankly liked this one the best. The others tended to fall into two catagories. Either books about someone's personal escapades on the internet or a compendium of internet horror stories from people who have had bad experiences. If you are looking for reasons to hate internet dating, you will be disappointed. The authors wrote a basic how-to book which kept me engaged and amused. I dare say that if you followed the recommendations of the authors, you'd do pretty well with online dating. Sure, some of the stuff is obvious (like post a good, but not too glamorous photo), but if you go online you'll see how many people don't even know that. On the other hand, some of the advance tips clearly took some digging to find and were much appreciated. If you want an easy read with good basic advice, this one does a nice job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool book!, Jan. 25 2004
"csaforcc" (New Haven, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
What a cool book! Online dating is pretty much what everyone is doing....and who knows how to navigate through the mess? The book tells it all!
Fun to read - and easy to understand. I have told all my college friends to get this book. And, there's free coupons included which basically make the book free, in the long run.
Get this book if you want to know what you are doing in this crazy dating world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written!, Jan. 25 2004
ESS (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
I loved this book - what a great way to outline the online dating process...especially for someone who was leery about the online dating world.
It's easy to read, and written on an believable level, especially since the authors met online, and are now together! They give you great tips, and get you excited about this whole new outlet for dating.
I recommend it highly!!! What a great way to get started with online dating!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for online daters, Jan. 22 2004
This review is from: Online Dating For Dummies (Paperback)
After 30 years of marriage I thought my dating days were behind me. Then came my divorce and I discovered I had no dating skills. I tried to meet people at various places but found my shyness kept getting in the way. So a year ago I joined the online dating scene and had some success but that was after a huge effort. This book would have saved me countless hours of time, dozens of rejections and made the experience much more enjoyable. I finished it last night and have already started putting into practice insights from the book.
One lesson the book teaches that I had to learn the hard way was the danger of having a long term email relationship before talking on the phone or having a long term phone relationship before meeting in person. I made both of these mistakes wasting weeks at a time.
The importance of a good photo and a good profile cannot be underestimated. They are on target with both. I found as I improved both, my responses improved. They have some very clear guidelines and I'm getting my pictures redone. I'm also going to rewrite parts of my profile based some of their great tips.
For way less than the cost of a date or less than one month's membership to an online dating service you will dramatically improve your online dating experience. This is a must buy for online daters.

Online Dating For Dummies
Online Dating For Dummies by Michael Lasky (Paperback - Nov. 21 2003)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43