5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the book for Pressure Cooker novice

Published 18 months ago by L. clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the book for Pressure Cooker novice, Jan. 31 2004
Rhonda Powell (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is exactly what it says...for dummies. I had never used a pressure cooker before. In fact, mine was a gift and it sat on my counter for about 3 months before I ever tried it (I was scared to use it thinking of my grandmother's pressure cooker from years ago) and then it was forced on me because I accidentally broke my crockpot. I've been at it for a week now with the pressure cooker and I can't imagine ever going back to a crockpot. This book covers all the ins and outs, especially all the ones I didn't even know I should wonder about. I'm considering returning the other two pressure cooker books I purchased at the same time because this one was so thorough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes all the guess work out of pressure cooking, March 19 2012
Cocoabear - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book along with the Instant Pot 6.33 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker with the Searing function. What a great combination. I am new to the pressure cooking scene and was quite intimidated at the thought of learning. This book took almost all of the guess work out of pressure cooking. It is very informative - tons and tons of useful information and includes a recipe section in the back that has proven to be quite good. I would not recommend this book to someone who has a lot of experience with pressure cooking. It is designed for a newbie who needs to learn all the basic approaches to sucessful pressure cooking - and it does just that. I do recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn how to pressure cook. It is a wealth of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using a pressure cooker, Feb. 18 2010
Wilma I. Walker (Port Alberni, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
The title is very appropriate. The book itself convinced me that pressure cookers today are a different design and very safe. The tidbits were very helpful. The recipes are fantastic. Recipes to go along with the main course are included. Love the book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure cooking isn't just for your Grandmother anymore!, Nov. 20 2002
LMSAND "wfslms" (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
You probably have memories of your Grandmother slaving over a hot stove at Thanksgiving or another holiday. You might even remember a funny pot on the stove with a little steam escaping from a jiggly valve on top. It's a secret weapon in the fight against time in the kitchen. Your parents probably didn't use it because they were too enamored of the microwave oven. I got my first pressure cooker when my Grandmother passed away and I had no idea how to use it. This book provided a very good explanation about how it works and how to use it, plus a lot of great recipes. My favorites are the Moroccan Chicken and the Rice Pudding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased w. "Pressure Cookers for Dummies", Oct. 31 2013
Leigh Hamilton (Carleton Place, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
I want to cook things quickly, and at present am "into" beans. Using the book, I can cook up a basic bean recipe quickly and then have enough to make several dishes, recipes also in the book. This way I have good tasty meals AND time for other hobbies as well. I thank the author of the book. He is enthusiastic, and his pleasure comes through. The subjects and recipes are conveniently laid out. The book turned out to be just what I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide for the novice pressure cooker user, May 4 2013
Easy to read and understand guide to buying and using a pressure cooker. Some good recipes so far and looking forward to trying more.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners, Jan. 2 2013
L. clarke "sukie23" (ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought my third pressure cooker but this one is electric and browns, slow cooks, steam cooks as well as pressure cook. It is phenomenal. The book however really is for someone who knows nothing about pressure cookers, It takes up many pages about cleaning and care of your pressure cooker but if you already know that it is just wasted sapce. I want receipes and ones different than beef stew which is like the gold standard for any pressure cooker cook book. If you are knowledgzable about this pots buy something more advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Livre très utile!, Sept. 13 2012
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
Ce livre est très bien écrit: intéressant et divertissant à la fois. On y explique bien comment se servir d'un autocuiseur de façon sécuritaire. Il y a une bonne sélection de recettes. Comme pour tous les livres de recettes, j'aurais aimé avoir des photos...

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressure Cookers for Dummies, Oct. 4 2009
Paul Houlston (Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
A nice, basic book for the beginner. I liked the extra information such as "how to chop an onion, how to cut up a leek, types of herbs, how to cut up a raw chicken, etc." It also has 10 really good websites to explore. It's easy to read and has humourous anecdotes and cartoons sprinkled throughout. The paper is "super aborbent" for grease spots and it doesn't have a ring binding which is nice in a cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to Pressure Cookers, Feb. 15 2003
Cheryl Matejek (Frankfort, Kentucky) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure Cookers For Dummies (Paperback)
This is one of the first books I bought when I got a pressure cooker. It is an excellent reference. I knew nothing about pressure cookers or how they operated. This book answered almost all of my questions. It is written very clearly and explains everything down to the last detail. It also has a lot of recipes. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet (I have so may other pc books by now) but I want to try a few of them soon. All in all a good book to get if you're new to pc's.

Pressure Cookers For Dummies
Pressure Cookers For Dummies by Tom Lacalamita (Paperback - Oct. 29 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 4.93