summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on February 4, 2016
This is a great book for those who have never used a pressure cooker. Two of my children have the book and pressure cooker.
on October 31, 2013
I want to cook things quickly, and at present am "into" beans. Using the book, I can cook up a basic bean recipe quickly and then have enough to make several dishes, recipes also in the book. This way I have good tasty meals AND time for other hobbies as well. I thank the author of the book. He is enthusiastic, and his pleasure comes through. The subjects and recipes are conveniently laid out. The book turned out to be just what I wanted.
on May 4, 2013
Easy to read and understand guide to buying and using a pressure cooker. Some good recipes so far and looking forward to trying more.
on January 2, 2013
I bought my third pressure cooker but this one is electric and browns, slow cooks, steam cooks as well as pressure cook. It is phenomenal. The book however really is for someone who knows nothing about pressure cookers, It takes up many pages about cleaning and care of your pressure cooker but if you already know that it is just wasted sapce. I want receipes and ones different than beef stew which is like the gold standard for any pressure cooker cook book. If you are knowledgzable about this pots buy something more advanced.
on September 13, 2012
Ce livre est très bien écrit: intéressant et divertissant à la fois. On y explique bien comment se servir d'un autocuiseur de façon sécuritaire. Il y a une bonne sélection de recettes. Comme pour tous les livres de recettes, j'aurais aimé avoir des photos...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 19, 2012
I purchased this book along with the Instant Pot 6.33 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker with the Searing function. What a great combination. I am new to the pressure cooking scene and was quite intimidated at the thought of learning. This book took almost all of the guess work out of pressure cooking. It is very informative - tons and tons of useful information and includes a recipe section in the back that has proven to be quite good. I would not recommend this book to someone who has a lot of experience with pressure cooking. It is designed for a newbie who needs to learn all the basic approaches to sucessful pressure cooking - and it does just that. I do recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn how to pressure cook. It is a wealth of information.
on February 18, 2010
The title is very appropriate. The book itself convinced me that pressure cookers today are a different design and very safe. The tidbits were very helpful. The recipes are fantastic. Recipes to go along with the main course are included. Love the book!!
on October 4, 2009
A nice, basic book for the beginner. I liked the extra information such as "how to chop an onion, how to cut up a leek, types of herbs, how to cut up a raw chicken, etc." It also has 10 really good websites to explore. It's easy to read and has humourous anecdotes and cartoons sprinkled throughout. The paper is "super aborbent" for grease spots and it doesn't have a ring binding which is nice in a cookbook.
on January 31, 2004
This book is exactly what it says...for dummies. I had never used a pressure cooker before. In fact, mine was a gift and it sat on my counter for about 3 months before I ever tried it (I was scared to use it thinking of my grandmother's pressure cooker from years ago) and then it was forced on me because I accidentally broke my crockpot. I've been at it for a week now with the pressure cooker and I can't imagine ever going back to a crockpot. This book covers all the ins and outs, especially all the ones I didn't even know I should wonder about. I'm considering returning the other two pressure cooker books I purchased at the same time because this one was so thorough.
on February 14, 2003
This is one of the first books I bought when I got a pressure cooker. It is an excellent reference. I knew nothing about pressure cookers or how they operated. This book answered almost all of my questions. It is written very clearly and explains everything down to the last detail. It also has a lot of recipes. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet (I have so may other pc books by now) but I want to try a few of them soon. All in all a good book to get if you're new to pc's.