5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on scanning
Although I don't have a Microtek scanner like the author has, I was still able to follow along and learned everything I needed to know. This book also has almost as good a selection of novice material on Paint Shop Pro as PaintShop Pro for Dummies! Well worth the money.
Published on March 7 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars A MAJOR Disappointment
Published on Sept. 29 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on scanning, March 7 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Oct. 31 2001
This review is from: Scanners For Dummies (Paperback)
This book told me all I needed, I'm using my scanner just about every day now that I know what to do. (Plus I have it set right to take the best scans) Great coverage of filters and plugins too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, Oct. 2 2001
This review is from: Scanners For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is as good as the amazon editor claims, I got my new HP scanner up and running in an hour so you know the installation and setup chapters were good! The coverage of web graphics is very good and provides lots of tips and instruction. You won't find as much on PhotoShop but the step by step Paintshop pro material is worth its weight in gold. Well written and funny. I am going to add this author to my Dummies watch list!

1.0 out of 5 stars A MAJOR Disappointment, Sept. 29 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Scanners For Dummies (Paperback)
As a long term fan of the Dummies books, I can't begin to express my disappointment in this offering. Scanners for Dummies is so exceptionally elementary as to offer absolutely nothing beyond how to "push a button" or "move a slider." Nothing is presented that couldn't be discovered by simply turning on the scanner and playing with it for a half hour or so.
The worst part, however, is that much of the information about scanners and Paint Shop Pro is misleading and in several cases, just plain wrong. This is the absolute worst Dummies book I have ever read and, while it is not my first one by Mark Chambers, it may well be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite scanning book, May 4 2001
David Brown (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scanners For Dummies (Paperback)
I have bought several scanning books, but this one is all you need. The author covers the entire process and all the settings, including those buttons and sliders that you have never heard of before. There are two chapters that address basic and advanced image retouching and editing. The tone is friendly and funny and things never get too complex. The troubleshooting chapter has already helped me solve an annoying bug that I've had to put up with since I installed my scanner! Overall, I give this Dummies book a very high rating for anyone that's searching for a scanner or has recently bought one.

Scanners For Dummies
Scanners For Dummies by Mark L. Chambers (Paperback - May 7 2004)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 17.00