countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 24, 2016
Ive owned this cookbook for a few years and It's my favourite cookbook to use in the kitchen, It features more than 400 recipes, a Getting Started chapter witch teaches you about measuring ingredients, helpful how to's on slicing, chopping, crushing, and so on, cooking terms glossary and anything else you will need to know while cooking. Ive cooked many recipes from this book, and they have all been amazing ,fun to learn and delicious to eat when done. Ive compared this cookbook to all the other cookbooks I own, and none of them have this much knowledge about cooking, than this cookbook has.
review image
on April 1, 2016
This is my 'go to' cook book. Pretty much any recipe you can think of is in this cook book. There are a lot of tips to help first time cooks out. This was the first cook book I bought when I moved out of my parents house, and it is still the cook book that I use most often. The recipes always turn out well, and I get nothing but compliments when I use the recipes in this book.
on April 28, 2011
If you only have one cookbook in your kitchen, this is the one it should be! All of the basic recipes you need & a whole lot more. I've had to replace mine since the pages were falling out from over-use. When my daughter moved out to go to university, this was what she requested for Christmas. This is also my standard wedding shower gift & it's always well-received.
on December 6, 2013
My parents gave me this book when I first moved out of the house on my own. I was so impressed with its easy to follow recipies and ground up explanations of cooking theories and ideas make it perfect for a beginner yet still useful for years as you begin to take on more advanced recipes! I now give this to all friends that move out for the first time!
on April 30, 2014
This book is a "staple" to have with the rest of your cook books especially when you are first starting out on your own. It shows and explains how to do everything with pictures. It includes the classic American/Canadian dishes. This book is an awesome reference because it has it all!
on April 19, 2010
I use this book all the time, I am a seasoned home cook and I refer to this book for classic recipes as well as refreshing my memory on the basics. It has great basic info for starting cooks and I've given it as a gift many times.
on October 21, 2014
Love the book and the step by step directions on the many techniques. Whether you are a novice at cooking or just want to re-familiarize yourself with learning the right consistency, pictures are provided to guide you.
on September 3, 2015
Good classic North American recipes. Don't bother with the more exotic recipes in this book though - Betty Crocker sucks at those.
on January 14, 2011
I gave both my sons a book for Christmas & they are really enjoying the book. They are finally learning to cook on their own.
on September 4, 2014
Bought to replace an old one, and was pleasantly surprised by all the new recipes.