4.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough!, Dec 15 2008
This review is from: Making Candles and Soaps For Dummies (Paperback)
After spending far too much money (according to my husband) on handmade soaps over the internet, I decided to purchase a book to teach myself how to make them.

It was fun to read and contains a few projects you can try yourself, without having to go and buy a different book of projects after you've learned all there is to learn about candles and soaps. I finished the whole book in about two weeks.

The candle section was very thorough and, even though I had dabbled in candle-making before, it gave me lots of advice on things I had never thought of before. The trouble-shooting section was particularly helpful, and I could go back and remember certain projects I had made when I didn't know why something had happened to the candle I made, but if I had had this book, it would've given me the answer!

The soap section was very thorough as well. It talked a lot about adding colours and scents, including a great overview of aromatherapy! The gift section had some great ideas of things to do with your soaps in it as well.

I was only disappointed by one thing in this book. The soap-making process included in the book is the heat and pour process, and the book does not discuss the cold process at all, "because it is a more advanced technique," according to the author. The in

5.0 out of 5 stars Interested book, May 4 2012
This review is from: Making Candles and Soaps For Dummies (Paperback)
I actually never got around to making and candles or soaps. But this book has it all. I would recommend to anyone interested in attempting this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, Dec 23 2013
This review is from: Making Candles and Soaps For Dummies (Paperback)
No complaints about this book...it's basically everything you need to know! highly recommended if you are in to candle and soap making!

Making Candles and Soaps For Dummies
Making Candles and Soaps For Dummies by Kelly Ewing (Paperback - Nov. 1 2004)
CDN$ 23.99 CDN$ 17.32